FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   First Class Rimowa Kits? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1725862-first-class-rimowa-kits.html)

Piscesbox Nov 20, 15 4:03 am

First Class Rimowa Kits?

Is anybody know if Thai will be give out their First Class Rimowa amenity kits in inter-Asian First Class? ex. BKK-NRT A380 route? Please share your experience!!! :confused::confused:

SunLover Nov 20, 15 8:47 am

No Rimowa amenity kits distributed in F cabin on TG intra-asia flights.

SL

lazard Nov 20, 15 9:02 am

Have received rimowas on BKK-KIX route.

tng11 Nov 20, 15 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SunLover (Post 25745289)

SL

I believe TG does distribute them on the Japan routes. At least, when I flew in December 2013 KIX-BKK and as recent as May 2015 BKK-NRT, I got the Rimowa kit.

Shorter routes such as HKG (and PEK when it hasn't been TGed), then I believe not.

Kacee Nov 20, 15 11:01 am

Originally Posted by tng11 (Post 25745610)
I believe TG does distribute them on the Japan routes. At least, when I flew in December 2013 KIX-BKK and as recent as May 2015 BKK-NRT, I got the Rimowa kit.

That's my understanding as well. I received an amenity kit in J on NRT-BKK.

They do not hand out any amenity kits on BKK-HKG, though you do get F ground services at BKK.

BinSabai Nov 21, 15 1:48 am

I got a white Rimowa kit on BKK PEK F 4 weeks ago
definitely none on BKK HKG

JVPhoto Nov 21, 15 5:44 am

Got a burgundy one last week NRT-BKK. Earlier this year got one on KIX-BKK as well.

ORDnHKG Nov 24, 15 7:53 am

Originally Posted by SunLover (Post 25745289)

SL

What intra-asia flights have you flown on TG in F ?

TG have tons of intra flights both long and short, if you have only flown the shorter ones like BKK-HKG or BKK-TPE, you would see none.

However, all BKK-Japan flights that have F give out Rimowa, and that had been years !!! (I suggest you do a search on this forum and type in Rimowa, you would find multiple extremely long threads for the discussion about Rimowa wih TG)

When BKK-PEK is flown by 744 that sell F, it will have Rimowa as well.

P.S. I have almost 20 different colors of Rimowa amenity kit, more than half of the colors I had gotten with TG in F all on NRT-BKK, and my first one was a red one on TG677 back when it was using the leased 3 class 77W from 9W, so you know how long it has been ?

kiwiflyer83 Nov 25, 15 11:45 am

AFAIK and in my experience, TG has always handed out amenity kits on flight time >4 hours on F & C.

1k-all-the-way Nov 25, 15 8:05 pm

I flew ICN-BKK last week and did not get one...yesterday on BKK-NRT got a nice burgundy one.

BinSabai Nov 26, 15 12:31 am

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way (Post 25773201)
I flew ICN-BKK last week and did not get one...yesterday on BKK-NRT got a nice burgundy one.

did you fly ICN BKK with stopover in HKG or TPE? In this case they do not provide. But on non stop I always get and I fly this route a couple of time per year. Of course J as there is no F on this route

DivaTraveller Nov 26, 15 9:51 am

I am looking forward to having my first TG Rimova kit in September next year when I fly HKG-BKK-SYD and return. I hope I will get, in this case 2, hopefully of different colors.

1k-all-the-way Nov 26, 15 10:11 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 25773815)
did you fly ICN BKK with stopover in HKG or TPE? In this case they do not provide. But on non stop I always get and I fly this route a couple of time per year. Of course J as there is no F on this route

Non stop flight that arrives after midnight. 2 cabin plane. So j really.

JVPhoto Nov 26, 15 10:20 am

Originally Posted by DivaTraveller (Post 25775188)
I am looking forward to having my first TG Rimova kit in September next year when I fly HKG-BKK-SYD and return. I hope I will get, in this case 2, hopefully of different colors.

I would first hope that F remains on the SYD route.

BinSabai Nov 26, 15 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way (Post 25775276)
Non stop flight that arrives after midnight. 2 cabin plane. So j really.

TG657 (without looking up); I have been many times on that flight and always got a amenity kit. Someone was there earlier and took yours...