Wiki Posts
Search

LHR catering in F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
LHR catering in F

Has anyone had any recent experience with the lobster thermidor out of LHR? On a flight out of SYD a few months ago it was basically inedible so I'm hesitant to order out of a remote port again.

Any other suggestions of good dishes to pre order? For reference, the current options out of London are as follows:

1. LHRF01 Lobster Thermidor (Lobster) กุ้งล็อบสเตอร์เธอร์มิดอร์
2. LHRF02 Grilled Beef Fillet With Red Onion Marmalade (Beef Steak)สเต็กเนือ
3. LHRF03 Marinated Chicken With Thyme And Lemon (Chicken Lemon)ไก่ตุ๋นมะนาว
4. LHRF04 Hot Smoked Salmon With Tomato And Olive Sauce (Salmon Tomato Sauce) ปลาแซลมอนรมควัน
5. LHRF05 Lamb Glazed With Stilton Cheese/Port Wine Sauce (Lamb Port Wine)เนือแกะอบช สกับซ ี อสไวน์ ้
6. LHRF06 Chicken Green Curry With Steamed Rice (Chicken Kiew Wan)แกงเขียวหวานไก่+ข้าวหอม
7. LHRF07 Beef Green Curry With Steamed Rice (Beef Kiew Wan)แกงเขียวหวานเนือ+ข้าวหอม
8. LHRF08 Prawn Green Curry With Steamed Rice (Prawn Kiew Wan)แกงเขียวหวานกุ้ง+ข้าวหอม
9. LHRF09 Stir-fried Chicken With Basil/Garlic Served With Steamed Rice (Rice Chicken Basil) ผัดกระเพราไก่
10.LHRF10 Stir-fried Pork With Basil/Garlic Served With Steamed Rice (Rice Pork Basil)ผัดกระเพราหมู
11.LHRF11 Stir-fried Prawn With Basil/Garlic Served With Steamed Rice (Rice Prawn Basil)ผัดกระเพรากุ้ง
12.LHRF12 Thai Prawn Soup With Steamed Rice(Tom Yum Kung)ต้มยํากุ้ง+ข้าวสวย
13.LHRF13 Deep-fried Seabass Sweet And Sour With Steamed Rice (Sweet Sour Fish) ปลากระพงผัดเปรียวหวาน 6
14.LHRF14 Boiled Rice With Chicken (Chicken Boiled Rice) ข้าวต้มไก่
15.LHRF15 Boiled Rice With Minced Pork (Pork Boiled Rice)ข้าวต้มหมู
16.LHRF16 Boiled Rice With Prawn (Prawn Boiled Rice)ข้าวต้มกุ้ง
17.LHRF17 Assorted Sushi (Sushi)ซูชหน้าต่างๆ ิ
18.LHRF18 Savoy Cabbage Charlotte “Vegetarian Food” (Vlml Cabbage)กระหลํ_าปีสอดไส (มังสวิรัติ)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Lobster Thermidor out of CDG earlier this year was good
I tend now to order from the menu as there are usually 4 choices in F: 1 Thai, 1 Asian (chinese) or Thai, 2 western and there is always at least 2 dishes that I like.
And somehow I feel that the normal dishes from the menu are better prepared then the preorder meals
SKT-DK, Thai-Kiwi and wordchild like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: BRK-B
LHR lobster was so bad that I could not consume, it is very salty.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Lobster Thermidor out of CDG earlier this year was good
I tend now to order from the menu as there are usually 4 choices in F: 1 Thai, 1 Asian (chinese) or Thai, 2 western and there is always at least 2 dishes that I like.
And somehow I feel that the normal dishes from the menu are better prepared then the preorder meals
this is also my experience, i have tried pre-order a few times both ex BKK and LHR always found it to be pretty average. I stick with the on board menu these days normally pretty good, especially the fish dishes, or the Thai selection.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Had the thermidor last night out of BKK and it was pretty reasonable. I've not pre booked anything for the return out of LHR based on earlier comments.

Something unrelated that I found odd was the quality of the amenity kit. Received the rimowa box but no eye shades or ear plugs inside, had to request these separately. Also no slippers provided. Cut backs or poor crew preparation ?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
amenity kits are sealed and the content not prepared or checked by the Crew
re slippers TG is not so consistent, but in F it should be standard and I get it on most flights; if not I ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.