Wiki Posts
Search

Thai 788's been sitting a while?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Thai 788's been sitting a while?

Passing through BKK last week, I noticed there's a couple(or more?) Thai 788's on the ramp that are looking a bit worse for wear. Fuselages starting to look mossy, an engine removed from at least 2. One was HS-TQD. I fly TG rarely- But as a TG fan and AvGeek, I'm curious what's going on with these(relatively new) airframes. I guess BKK is a rather moist place and unkind to planes in fairly short order, but it looked kind of crummy and some might think displays a poor image. This was near the bus gates. Anyone know specifics? I know the 789's are flying again.

Cheers.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thanks for posting. I see the 788 has not been flying BKK-BNE recently, so Brisbane is back to the 772-ER with angle flat biz seats. I suppose this is due to RR engine issues. Not sure what other routes are affected.

A quick check on FR24 shows that only HS-TQA and B have been flying in the past 7 days until today, however none of the other 4 have been up in the past 7 days.

Things can get pretty grubby looking quite fast in SE Asia due to warm, humid weather. usually the maintenance folks will place covers or special barriers on/in the various systems which have points of entry to the aircraft (especially pitot/static systems) so bugs don't start settling in - but the airframe just needs a good wash probably!

Good to see the 789 back to AKL though, I have booking in Apr, and probably in Sep.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Thanks for posting. I see the 788 has not been flying BKK-BNE recently, so Brisbane is back to the 772-ER with angle flat biz seats. I suppose this is due to RR engine issues. Not sure what other routes are affected.

A quick check on FR24 shows that only HS-TQA and B have been flying in the past 7 days until today, however none of the other 4 have been up in the past 7 days.

Things can get pretty grubby looking quite fast in SE Asia due to warm, humid weather. usually the maintenance folks will place covers or special barriers on/in the various systems which have points of entry to the aircraft (especially pitot/static systems) so bugs don't start settling in - but the airframe just needs a good wash probably!

Good to see the 789 back to AKL though, I have booking in Apr, and probably in Sep.
Thanks Thai-Kiwi. Was wondering if there was some systemic issue with the planes and wondering how long they'd been sitting.

Cheers.

A350 looked pretty as we drove by it on the bus.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: TG*G , PR Classic
hopefully TG will get some compensation from RR due to this issue
joy16 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: ROP
4 THAI's 788 are grounded due to engine problem and they are still waiting the new engines from RR.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by joy16
4 THAI's 788 are grounded due to engine problem and they are still waiting the new engines from RR.
and I see 787-9 HS-TWA has not flown since 01 Dec - probably maintenance inspections....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.