Search

Reserved stickers on Economy Seats B787-9

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Reserved stickers on Economy Seats B787-9

Hi all, watching a youtube clip of boarding THAI's 787-9 I noted some economy seats with reserved stickers on them.
I have never seen these before (as far as I can recall) and I can only think they would be for a passenger who requires addition assistance - e.g. wheelchair.

Anybody have any insights?

Cheers, TK

These can be seen in this clip at 26 secs: ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy42YMypaDA
(PS - the break in the url is deliberate as I don't want to embed the video to save screen space...)
Attached Images  
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:53 pm

Usually I see this on J on the older planes where deadhead pilots will be sleeping on.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pandalama
Usually I see this on J on the older planes where deadhead pilots will be sleeping on.
deadhead pilots in cattle class?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:11 am

i have seen such stickers on other airlines on flights with stopovers for passengers who continued their journey on the same plane
However I have flown multiple time on such flights on TG (for example BKK-HKG-ICN, BKK-TPE-ICN) and never seen such Stickers used by TG
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
deadhead pilots in cattle class?
Maybe not senior pilots, but perhaps other crew (flight or cabin) ?! ... it seemed intersting to me. Perhaps they had a B787 conversion course and staff were observing line operations.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Maybe not senior pilots, but perhaps other crew (flight or cabin) ?! ... it seemed intersting to me. Perhaps they had a B787 conversion course and staff were observing line operations.
sorry, can't help! I have never seen such stickers during my hundreds of flights with TG during the last 30 years
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:27 pm

I have seen these used on Thai many times in Y. Normally they are rear row and reserved for cabin crew rest. They are also used on seats that have had a malfunction and are deemed not satisfactory for passenger use. I have also had them used once on the two seats next to me in a Thai 777 front row Y when I tried to do a business class upgrade at checkin and despite there being seats available, meals were not, so they would not sell it to me. When I boarded the stickers were on the 2 seats and I was told by the purser the port manager had blocked those seats for me to make up for the failed upgrade. (This was out of Australia).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for your insights. I'd considered INOP seats, but usually the sticker says that explicitly (perhaps seen on other carriers). I suppose the wording 'reserved' can cover a multitude of situations.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:40 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
These seats may be blocked for a deadhead cabin crew (pilots are in J or F) when they have aircraft change and need to fly in a crew to work on the other aircraft type.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spk
These seats may be blocked for a deadhead cabin crew (pilots are in J or F) when they have aircraft change and need to fly in a crew to work on the other aircraft type.
Sure, although in the case it was AKL-BKK and this has been a steady 789 (sometimes 788) route since April - so possibly some deadheading crew who had been doing line training down to NZ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.