Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Finally some enforcement of the Priority Lane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally some enforcement of the Priority Lane?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:27 am

There was a change (finally) in Chiang Mai just yesterday when I boarded the last flight back to BKK on TG.

There was actually an enforcement of Priority Lane! There was a staffer holding and protecting the J/*A Gold queue.
This has never happened at CNX at least to my experience. Most of the time you have to sneak in to the front by yourself when youre flying J or a *A Gold+
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pandalama
There was a change (finally) in Chiang Mai just yesterday when I boarded the last flight back to BKK on TG.

There was actually an enforcement of Priority Lane! There was a staffer holding and protecting the J/*A Gold queue.
This has never happened at CNX at least to my experience. Most of the time you have to sneak in to the front by yourself when youre flying J or a *A Gold+
i have never seen a priority lane for domestic departures at CNX, but I have never had more than 5 minutes for security there anyway
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
i have never seen a priority lane for domestic departures at CNX, but I have never had more than 5 minutes for security there anyway
I suspect pandalama was referring to the boarding queue at the gate being separated into two, which is a different story to the context of the thread.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I suspect pandalama was referring to the boarding queue at the gate being separated into two, which is a different story to the context of the thread.
Boarding queue? in CNX they have checked the boarding pass all the time when you enter from the waiting area and sent passengers with Y boarding pass to the other queue.
It's not like in Swampy, where at most gates, boarding pass is checked when you enter the waiting area
probably he means fast track for immigration and security at international terminal...sometimes there was one there but not all the time
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Just flew HKG-BKK in TG business class with hand luggage. Showed my self-printed C BP at the priority lane and was turned down. The two officers told me (with very bad English) that they did not accept TG boarding passes and had to go to normal immigration. After a lot of arguing (np pax in the lines) they finally let me through as a favor.
Am I missing something? My guess is that the electronic BP that I printed only had a big C to show that it was business class (there is a tiny mention of Royal Silk at the top)??
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Just flew HKG-BKK in TG business class with hand luggage. Showed my self-printed C BP at the priority lane and was turned down. The two officers told me (with very bad English) that they did not accept TG boarding passes and had to go to normal immigration. After a lot of arguing (np pax in the lines) they finally let me through as a favor.
Am I missing something? My guess is that the electronic BP that I printed only had a big C to show that it was business class (there is a tiny mention of Royal Silk at the top)??
which fast track did you use?
TG's own fast track is in the large arrival hall East (opposite gate D4) on the left side (as TG's Business class passenger you should use this).
Premium Lane is a small entrance between the two large arrival halls and is for passengers with fast track vouchers, Thai elite, Diplomatic etc.etc. I have been rejected once in this despite TG Platinum Card...
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

which fast track did you use?
TG's own fast track is in the large arrival hall East (opposite gate D4) on the left side (as TG's Business class passenger you should use this).
Premium Lane is a small entrance between the two large arrival halls and is for passengers with fast track vouchers, Thai elite, Diplomatic etc.etc. I have been rejected once in this despite TG Platinum Card...
Thnaks. I was not aware of this separation between TG and other airlines.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
There was another thread that discussed this in depth and included maps and photos. probably should have been made a ‘sticky’.

The TG Fast Track is, as BinSabai noted, in the East Arrivals hall, and is simply dedicated processing line to the left side in the main arrivals queuing area. It has some of the ‘people herding’ queue control tape to guide people.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 am

in this case you were pretty lucky that they let you through at the Premium Lane as TG has a dedicated fast track in Arrival hall east and therefore does not provide fast track vouchers
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in this case you were pretty lucky that they let you through at the Premium Lane as TG has a dedicated fast track in Arrival hall east and therefore does not provide fast track vouchers
I was the only pax for three officiers, maybe that's why.
Anyway, it was quite unpleasant experience.
Onboard I asked for a voucher, but they said no need. However, unless you are an experienced TG warrior to Bangkok (and not transit like me), it would be extremely useful if TG provided some information to its J/F pax.
The flight itself (77W), food, service and even BKK/HKG lounges was excellent. Better than CX and cheaper.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:19 am

I was the only pax for three officiers, maybe that's why.
Anyway, it was quite unpleasant experience.
Onboard I asked for a voucher, but they said no need. However, unless you are an experienced TG warrior to Bangkok (and not transit like me), it would be extremely useful if TG provided some information to its J/F pax.
The flight itself (77W), food, service and even BKK/HKG lounges was excellent. Better than CX and cheaper.
you are of course right! TG's info is poor and many J passengers are missing this, in particular if they do not pass through arrival hall east and even there the sign is small and behind a column
That's why we had a thread with all details and photos and maps, but it was not made sticky….
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:02 am

How embarrassing .. sorry guys! T_T
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Flying HO (Juneyao) exBKK several days ago and received a Premium Lane voucher when flying Y. No questions asked at entry nor at immi and agent did peruse the BP before handing it back. This is the 4th or 5th use of a voucher in Y, inbound and outbound combined, without any problems (yet).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Flying HO (Juneyao) exBKK several days ago and received a Premium Lane voucher when flying Y. No questions asked at entry nor at immi and agent did peruse the BP before handing it back. This is the 4th or 5th use of a voucher in Y, inbound and outbound combined, without any problems (yet).
Why did you receive a voucher when in Y? Do you hold status with HO? Initially I thought you were using 'old stock' which raised my hopes a little as I have a small stash (some with CX stamped on them unfortunately).

Edited to add: Ah, a Star Alliance Connecting Partner benefit - I need to get out more......

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 16, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Why did you receive a voucher when in Y? Do you hold status with HO? Initially I thought you were using 'old stock' which raised my hopes a little as I have a small stash (some with CX stamped on them unfortunately).

Edited to add: Ah, a Star Alliance Connecting Partner benefit - I need to get out more......
My first flight with them and low expectations were greatly surpassed. I expected J check in and lounge access but did not anticipate the Premium Lane pass. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.