Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum help desk

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Platinum help desk

I had recently an urgent issue with TG and mailed to the Platinum help desk.
No answer and I called directly to some other office of TG and got the issue resolved
Monday morning (one hour after Bangkok Office time started) I got an answer from the Platinum desk and they confirmed, that they open only during Office Hours Monday-Friday
I recall this was different in the past… at least during weekend I got answers.
And those emails are not even forwarded. Not really helpful!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: TG Plat
Even when open they are not very helpful. I think I got quicker better responses from ROP when I was Gold than I now do as Platinum.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:15 am
Original Poster

This I would not agree! They can be very helpful and even open award seats, where there is none...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
This I would not agree! They can be very helpful and even open award seats, where there is none...
Yes, likely true but so it should be, we are, after all, their best customers. The London office will normally be able to get Bangkok to open up an award seat for me.
I emailed ROP Platinum last night and it is now 12:45 in Bangkok, no reply.

Last edited by andyptrav; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:46 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:43 am
Original Poster

so what was your issue then, that you addressed?
I had seldom to wait for an answer during the office hours
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
so what was your issue then, that you addressed?
I had seldom to wait for an answer during the office hours
My last flight was TG911 01NOV F seat 01A. A380 changed to B777. This was booked business with a PUP and at check-in I was told I could obtain compensation at the Thai ticket desk. I declined knowing that the ticket desk would be mayhem, the flight was now some 100 overbooked and I imagined I would queue up for a long time only to wait while they click at their computer for 10 minutes, then look up and say, "Oh, this was a Platinum upgrade, you need to speak to them." Furthermore I imagined that if compensation was paid it would be the cost of a stand-by upgrade which really is not as good as a bookable PUP especially LHR - BKK where my flight preference business class is TG917 that has no F. So I emailed asking whether they would reinstate a one-way PUP. They did reply late the following day (Tuesday):
"This is to acknowledge your email.
Please wait for couple days for investigation."
I chased Thursday with a copy of the ticket and boarding pass politely commenting that I did not understand what needed investigating for longer than 2 days and asking for a decision on what they intended to do today (Friday).
Maybe I am impatient but there is a reason I need to know the answer to this today.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:53 am
Original Poster

you are right! this should be resolved within 24 hours.
but I have also observed that recently they started to forward the issue to another desk or other department with copy to me, rather than to enforce answer and solution within reasonable time and come back to me.
the latter was the real strength and value of the Platinum desk. Otherwise it is completely useless...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:32 am

Interestingly I had an email from ROP Plat sent at 17:49 resolving the issue. Maybe with the A380 problems they are snowed under with issues to resolve.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andyptrav
Interestingly I had an email from ROP Plat sent at 17:49 resolving the issue. Maybe with the A380 problems they are snowed under with issues to resolve.
but this A380 problems lasted only a couple of days; so not too many flights….at the moment all normal except the biweekly changes ahead on the London route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.