Online check-in says: On Standby

Old Oct 29, 18, 11:48 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 711
Online check-in says: On Standby

Fling BKK-CNX in J on Tuesday evening. Tried to check-in online and could not select a seat. Under check-in status, it says "on standby". I was previously on a different flight but moved to this one a couple of months ago. Could this be the problem?
Frequent flyer 101 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 18, 11:54 am
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,718
Have you tried to look carefully at your reservation and ticket? That should tell you whether you we're properly confirmed on the new flight with the ticket reissued.

My guess is that business class is overbooked, perhaps because VIPs selected your flight. (This is Thailand.) Most airlines prioritize based on some combination of fare class and status, sometimes using check in time. You might get a business class seat at the airport, you might have to option to fly in coach, or you might be rebooked. Go to the airport early if at all possible and know what options you want. You should also try to read TG's CoC and contact your TA if you've used a real live human one or a corporate travel office.
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Oct 29, 18, 12:00 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 711
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Have you tried to look carefully at your reservation and ticket? That should tell you whether you we're properly confirmed on the new flight with the ticket reissued.

My guess is that business class is overbooked, perhaps because VIPs selected your flight. (This is Thailand.) Most airlines prioritize based on some combination of fare class and status, sometimes using check in time. You might get a business class seat at the airport, you might have to option to fly in coach, or you might be rebooked. Go to the airport early if at all possible and know what options you want. You should also try to read TG's CoC and contact your TA if you've used a real live human one or a corporate travel office.
Thanks. I called the ticket office. They said everything is confirmed on their end.

I have a full fare J ticket but only have 90 minutes to connect from my inbound AY flight. Can i sort this out at the transfer desk? Id take Y if that's the only option, would I be entitled to some kind of refund in that case?
Frequent flyer 101 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 18, 7:47 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
did you try to check in earlier then 24 hours?
seats can not be selected and reserved until 24 hours ahead of the flight
that J is full on BKK CNX would be quite exceptional
if you had to fly Y, you should get some compensation
BinSabai is offline  
Old Oct 30, 18, 3:58 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 711
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
did you try to check in earlier then 24 hours?
seats can not be selected and reserved until 24 hours ahead of the flight
that J is full on BKK CNX would be quite exceptional
if you had to fly Y, you should get some compensation
It was less than 24 hours. However, I managed to get a boarding pass online at around t-6 hours using the inflight WiFi on my previous flight.
Frequent flyer 101 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 18, 5:26 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101 View Post
It was less than 24 hours. However, I managed to get a boarding pass online at around t-6 hours using the inflight WiFi on my previous flight.
good to hear that everything went fine!
enjoy your stay in Chiangmai!
BinSabai is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread