FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Online check-in says: On Standby (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1937974-online-check-says-standby.html)

Frequent flyer 101 Oct 29, 2018 11:48 am

Online check-in says: On Standby

Fling BKK-CNX in J on Tuesday evening. Tried to check-in online and could not select a seat. Under check-in status, it says "on standby". I was previously on a different flight but moved to this one a couple of months ago. Could this be the problem?

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am

Have you tried to look carefully at your reservation and ticket? That should tell you whether you we're properly confirmed on the new flight with the ticket reissued.

My guess is that business class is overbooked, perhaps because VIPs selected your flight. (This is Thailand.) Most airlines prioritize based on some combination of fare class and status, sometimes using check in time. You might get a business class seat at the airport, you might have to option to fly in coach, or you might be rebooked. Go to the airport early if at all possible and know what options you want. You should also try to read TG's CoC and contact your TA if you've used a real live human one or a corporate travel office.

Frequent flyer 101 Oct 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30369272)
Have you tried to look carefully at your reservation and ticket? That should tell you whether you we're properly confirmed on the new flight with the ticket reissued.

My guess is that business class is overbooked, perhaps because VIPs selected your flight. (This is Thailand.) Most airlines prioritize based on some combination of fare class and status, sometimes using check in time. You might get a business class seat at the airport, you might have to option to fly in coach, or you might be rebooked. Go to the airport early if at all possible and know what options you want. You should also try to read TG's CoC and contact your TA if you've used a real live human one or a corporate travel office.

Thanks. I called the ticket office. They said everything is confirmed on their end.

I have a full fare J ticket but only have 90 minutes to connect from my inbound AY flight. Can i sort this out at the transfer desk? Id take Y if that's the only option, would I be entitled to some kind of refund in that case?

BinSabai Oct 29, 2018 7:47 pm

did you try to check in earlier then 24 hours?
seats can not be selected and reserved until 24 hours ahead of the flight
that J is full on BKK CNX would be quite exceptional
if you had to fly Y, you should get some compensation

Frequent flyer 101 Oct 30, 2018 3:58 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30371047)
did you try to check in earlier then 24 hours?
seats can not be selected and reserved until 24 hours ahead of the flight
that J is full on BKK CNX would be quite exceptional
if you had to fly Y, you should get some compensation

It was less than 24 hours. However, I managed to get a boarding pass online at around t-6 hours using the inflight WiFi on my previous flight.

BinSabai Oct 30, 2018 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101 (Post 30371971)
It was less than 24 hours. However, I managed to get a boarding pass online at around t-6 hours using the inflight WiFi on my previous flight.

good to hear that everything went fine!
enjoy your stay in Chiangmai!