Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

First A330-300 retrofitted with full flat seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First A330-300 retrofitted with full flat seat

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I flew this aircraft out to Perth on March 8th., and back on March 12th., and I sat in the "Throne" seat, (11J/14J). I have to say it is by far the best of all the Business Class seats in the THAI fleet. Loads of space in the footwell, tons of storage space, and plenty of surface space on the left and right of the seat. The lie flat seat is also comfortable, and appears to be a bit wider than the seats on the A380, B787 etc.

The other seats on the aircraft appeared to have varying space around them, considerably less space than in the B/J seats, and the last seat row space appeared to be very small indeed. So, if traveling alone on this aircraft, I would recommend you make every effort to get a B or J seat.
Old May 11, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I flew this aircraft out to Perth on March 8th., and back on March 12th., and I sat in the "Throne" seat, (11J/14J). I have to say it is by far the best of all the Business Class seats in the THAI fleet. Loads of space in the footwell, tons of storage space, and plenty of surface space on the left and right of the seat. The lie flat seat is also comfortable, and appears to be a bit wider than the seats on the A380, B787 etc.

The other seats on the aircraft appeared to have varying space around them, considerably less space than in the B/J seats, and the last seat row space appeared to be very small indeed. So, if traveling alone on this aircraft, I would recommend you make every effort to get a B or J seat.
Hello, that's interesting. Having not flown on the exact "Throne" seat on TG, I have tried it on TAP's A330 and I actually prefer TG's A380 window (A) seats. That's purely due to the storage space as well as the privacy. Hope TG is not retiring the A380 too soon.
Old May 13, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi @kinchai,

I have flown in pretty much all the best window seats on the A380, and my favourite is first row window in the second cabin, in Business Class. It's a smaller cabin with more privacy. However, I much prefer the A330 seat for comfort and the Throne seat for storage.....much better storage than the A380
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
There are 3 aircraft with these J seats (31 seats).

HS-TEN
HS-TEO
HS-TEP
Those 3 aircraft, the oldest 333 in the fleet, have been added to the for-sale list, while the 12 with 2-2-2 seats are retained.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by monahos
Those 3 aircraft, the oldest 333 in the fleet, have been added to the for-sale list, while the 12 with 2-2-2 seats are retained.
Isn’t the entire 330 gone now?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by pandalama
Isn’t the entire 330 gone now?
The 15 remaining 333 (including the 3 for sale) are listed as parked and are owned by Thai.
I imagine they will be useful for regional flights when traffic resumes, the 6 leased 788 won't suffice.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:06 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Kacee
I think it's a worse seat than the B/E Diamond, the only advantage being that you'll get a number of single seats with the Vantage. In addition to the footwell issue, there's the "coffin" sensation (which doesn't really bother me) and typically very hard padding and an immovable armrest which really constricts the width (both of which do).

I assume TG got a very cheap price for a last generation seat. There are far superior products (e.g., Cirrus and Vantage XL) which have been approved for the 330.
XL seat is not superior or next gen to the standard ones, the xl seats take tons of more spaces, while the non xl save a lot of spaces, even SIA 737MAX uses non xl for businesses class, it is more that TG want to cramp more people into the 330 as the 330 is not an aircraft use on premium routes.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:09 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I guess they could in theory, but suspect they might struggle with either the distance or with being economical (or both) if fully loaded with cargo and pax on European routes.
In any case, I am quite happy that TG keep the angled-flat 330s on regional/mid-haul routes ^
Air China, China eastern and China southern all loves to fly A333/A332s to Europe non premium routes when they don't have enough 777's, Air China have even flown PEK-YVR using 330s, while it was still flying PEK-MAD pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.