Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

How to Maximise TG Royal Silk Class Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hello,

I am soon taking my first flight on TG, flying from LHR-BKK-RGN in J on their A380 and A330. Is there a resource here on this forum detailing how to make the most of the Royal Silk experience?

I am aware of the lounge access at LHR T2, the turn down service onboard and the free 30min massage at BKK during my layover but is there anything else that I should be aware of which isn't proactively offered or obvious to passengers? For example are there any Pyjamas available on request?

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated thank you.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Wing0A
Hello,

I am soon taking my first flight on TG, flying from LHR-BKK-RGN in J on their A380 and A330. Is there a resource here on this forum detailing how to make the most of the Royal Silk experience?

I am aware of the lounge access at LHR T2, the turn down service onboard and the free 30min massage at BKK during my layover but is there anything else that I should be aware of which isn't proactively offered or obvious to passengers? For example are there any Pyjamas available on request?

Any advice/tips would be much appreciated thank you.
No PJs... you will need to BYO. Slippers are provided, along with amenity kit.

Choose an A or K seat for maximum privacy.

They can can mix a good martini, either gin or vodka.

TG's new long haul biz class meal service and presentation is pretty good... it would give some first classes a run for their money.

Nothing else much much to maximise your experience unfortunately.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
not sure about the slippers as I did not get any yesterday on my long haul in J from Europe...PJs only in F

take a closer look at the drink menu as they serve now a more extensive menu of alcoholics, also the champagne, usually Veuve Cliquot is not bad

if your stopover in BKK is longer then 2 hours, beside the 1/2 hour massage try the slightly better Biz Lounges of EVA (terminal F) and SQ (terminal D)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by BinSabai
if your stopover in BKK is longer then 2 hours, beside the 1/2 hour massage try the slightly better Biz Lounges of EVA (terminal F) and SQ (terminal D)
Yes, we're not holding our breaths that there will ever be a really nice TG J lounge at BKK.

SQ's new lounge opened earlier this year and is now down the same end of the (long) terminal as the EVA lounge ...
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...angkok-airport
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not sure about the slippers as I did not get any yesterday on my long haul in J from Europe...
oh yeah. That might have been F.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you to everyone for the very helpful replies. Confirm I found slippers inside washbag.

On a separate note - can anyone recommend where to go in BKK airport for the best prawn Pad Thai?

Many thanks
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

On a separate note - can anyone recommend where to go in BKK airport for the best prawn Pad Thai?
If you mean the lounge - BR lounge serves Pad Thai (in the self service area, on the right) - in the evening it is replaced with pasta, though.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you to everyone for the very helpful replies. Confirm I found slippers inside washbag.
Ah hah! I'm not going completely crazy (They're thin black slippers folded in half!)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by timster
SQ's new lounge opened earlier this year and is now down the same end of the (long) terminal as the EVA lounge ...
https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...angkok-airport
not really! SQ is now at the western part of D while EVA is in F (after conjunction D/E/F/G)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
not really! SQ is now at the western part of D while EVA is in F (after conjunction D/E/F/G)
Ok I think we're both kind of right. Full discosure: I have been to the EVA lounge but not the new SQ lounge yet. But I have walked past the sign to it ! I believe it is near gate D7 .. which is near the E/F/G 'end' of the terminal, compared to the old SQ lounge which was at the opposite end.

Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by timster
Ok I think we're both kind of right. Full discosure: I have been to the EVA lounge but not the new SQ lounge yet. But I have walked past the sign to it ! I believe it is near gate D7 .. which is near the E/F/G 'end' of the terminal, compared to the old SQ lounge which was at the opposite end.
yeah new SQ Lounge is opposite gates D6/D7 above entrance to Arrival Hall West; beside this newly built Lounge is also another Miracle (former Louis Tavern) Lounge. The old SQ Lounge was in A, above the domestic departure/Arrival area
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new SQ lounge is lovely and I'd wholly recommend it over the TG provisions. But if you are going for a massage after check-in, stay in the TG lounge until you have your treatment. It's a very long walk to the SQ lounge and then back to the TG spa (and then back again if you are in one of the far gates such as E or F concourse).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.