Wiki Posts
Search

How does Thai Aairways check status?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
How does Thai Aairways check status?

I am flying from Bangkok to Singapore this week with Singapore Airlines.

I have Star Alliance Gold Status with Thai yet wanting the miles to be credited to Singapore.

Can I show my digital card at the lounge entrance to Thai Silk to gain access? What do they do with the card, Do they type in my FF number and my name, status etc comes up or does it just show my status?

I am very curious how they check statuses in this day and age
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The lounge has to "bill" an airline for your entry. Showing your digital card they'll use that info to verify your status and grant entry to their own lounge.

This should not require them putting that info into your ticket but it is good to check at the gate which program your ticket is set to credit to.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
no problem, you can use TG, SQ or Eva Lounge and credit miles to SQ account where you have no Status. just make sure that during check in, you credit your miles to the SQ account
when you enter Lounge, they will see that you are *G, but still will charge your Lounge Access to SQ
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:21 pm

Why not just use the SQ lounge? Particularly with TG lounges, I can't imagine it being a problem to just show your ROP card, as your status is with TG.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
As the OP stated access via status I assume the OP is traveling in Y so therefore TG would "pay" for the lounge access at any of the mentioned lounges.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
no problem, you can use TG, SQ or Eva Lounge and credit miles to SQ account where you have no Status. just make sure that during check in, you credit your miles to the SQ account
when you enter Lounge, they will see that you are *G, but still will charge your Lounge Access to SQ
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
As the OP stated access via status I assume the OP is traveling in Y so therefore TG would "pay" for the lounge access at any of the mentioned lounges.
you sure about that? OP is flying with SQ Y! Does the Staralliance system work like this, that the goldcard issuing carrier has to pay and not the ticket issuing carrier?
frankly, I don't know but this would make things complicate!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If in J class (i.e. the pax has lounge access regardless of any FF elite status) the airline pays.

If in Y (i.e. pax is only able to access the lounge due to being *A elite) the FFP/airline who issued the card, pays.

It is quite logic once you give it some thought.
Yoshi212 likes this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 13, 2017 at 7:52 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It is quite logic once you give it some thought.
logic of course yes, but complicate and inefficient!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by BinSabai
logic of course yes, but complicate and inefficient!
Why inefficient?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.