Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Emirates Interline Bags on Two Seperate Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Hi guys!

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to booking tickets so I was wondering if you could help me?

I've booked an Emirates return flight from HKG-BKK to try EK out (never flown them before) and they were cheaper than CX or TG .

Coming back from Thailand I am going to come from Chiang Mai and was hoping to fly down to BKK before my flight. The problem I have is that obviously these two flights would be on two separate tickets with two PNRs.

I see EK has an interline agreement with Thai, so would Thai in Chiang Mai be able to send my bags all of the way to HKG?
Also, would I be able to use D -> I transfers if they did transfer my bags? Otherwise, I think I would need to book a new tickets at my TG flight lands at 11.15 and the EK takes off at 13.45.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by TravelDream
Hi guys!

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to booking tickets so I was wondering if you could help me?

I've booked an Emirates return flight from HKG-BKK to try EK out (never flown them before) and they were cheaper than CX or TG .

Coming back from Thailand I am going to come from Chiang Mai and was hoping to fly down to BKK before my flight. The problem I have is that obviously these two flights would be on two separate tickets with two PNRs.

I see EK has an interline agreement with Thai, so would Thai in Chiang Mai be able to send my bags all of the way to HKG?
Also, would I be able to use D -> I transfers if they did transfer my bags? Otherwise, I think I would need to book a new tickets at my TG flight lands at 11.15 and the EK takes off at 13.45.
I have never had an issue with EK interlining bags on separate tickets but it usually depends on the competency of your check in agent. Haven't been to BKK in a while but from what I recall, it should be possible to reclaim and recheck in that time. Others are free to correct me.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
This question should be asked in the Thai forum, as it is Thai check-in staff that must decide whether or not to interline, EK won't really be a part of the decision
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm having second thoughts with the tight connection time.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
This question should be asked in the Thai forum, as it is Thai check-in staff that must decide whether or not to interline, EK won't really be a part of the decision
Can any of the mods move this thread?

Edit to add:
I messaged Emirates on FB and they seem to think that as long as I present my Emirates ticket to the Thai staff, they will be able to check my bags through to HKG.

Last edited by TravelDream; Sep 5, 2017 at 11:02 pm
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TravelDream
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm having second thoughts with the tight connection time.

Can any of the mods move this thread?

Edit to add:
I messaged Emirates on FB and they seem to think that as long as I present my Emirates ticket to the Thai staff, they will be able to check my bags through to HKG.
They are definitely able, the question is purely whether they want to, every check-in agent can be a bit different in that regard. I alerted a mod to move to the Thai forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.