Wiki Posts
Search

Last Scheduled A340-600 : TG923 FRA-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
Last Scheduled A340-600 : TG923 FRA-BKK

Was anyone here on FT aboard the last scheduled TG A346 flight TG923 FRA-BKK?

This was by far my favourite airplane in the TG fleet. Quiet and comfortable and stylish. And I loved the individual windows in the bathrooms.

Did TG do anything special to commemorate the end of service of the A346?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Was anyone here on FT aboard the last scheduled TG A346 flight TG923 FRA-BKK?

This was by far my favourite airplane in the TG fleet. Quiet and comfortable and stylish. And I loved the individual windows in the bathrooms.

I also liked it; those older F seats were not so bad after all (I do not like those cage style suites). J got a bit worn out recently and in the meanwhile many competitors have full flat J on long hauls...
now it is only one daily A380 left for BKK FRA
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
[QUOTE=lcy flyer;24583823] And I loved the individual windows in the bathrooms.

I liked that, too!

I haven't heard of anythink yet, but believe me I doubt that it will already have been the last time..at least on regional routes one might see these aircraft as long as they havent been sold yet, I guess.....
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I bet these birds will be used to SIN, HKG or even Japan until delivered back to lessor or - if owned by TG - sold.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I bet these birds will be used to SIN, HKG or even Japan until delivered back to lessor or - if owned by TG - sold.
I had it from SIN to BKK Saturday the 28th of March. Business service on an F seat. Very nice.

Globalist
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:17 am

I remember the announcement that they will retire the A340 from end of March so they will not be used anymore also for short haul flights to SIN, HKG, Japan...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:04 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
They have all been moved to U-Tapao maintenance base so it looks like the retirement is final. One of the A346 that has just completed D check was even left in all white paint.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by spk
They have all been moved to U-Tapao maintenance base so it looks like the retirement is final. One of the A346 that has just completed D check was even left in all white paint.
Gee that would have cost them a pretty penny to then retire it!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:09 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by spk
I'm on TG414 Sept 7, and it's showing as a 346 still - any idea what will take its place? (Flying in business, so I'm sure I'll be fine on the short flight!)

Edit: spoke too soon! Now showing as 777. Just a couple days ago was 346.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by c_9
I'm on TG414 Sept 7, and it's showing as a 346 still - any idea what will take its place? (Flying in business, so I'm sure I'll be fine on the short flight!)

Edit: spoke too soon! Now showing as 777. Just a couple days ago was 346.
for BKK SIN that's too early to say; they use all kind of airplanes for this route and the different flights of the day
good that this afternoon flight is back. it was suspended for a couple of months
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:41 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for BKK SIN that's too early to say; they use all kind of airplanes for this route and the different flights of the day
good that this afternoon flight is back. it was suspended for a couple of months
Thanks - I'll cross my fingers for a sudden 380 swap so I can check off that aircraft on my list!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by c_9
Thanks - I'll cross my fingers for a sudden 380 swap so I can check off that aircraft on my list!
when A380 was new, they flew once per day BKK SIN; but they said it is just for the start. They had troubles to get all the normal food and drink service done during this short flight.
I don't think A380 will get back to BKK SIN. It is still on BKK HKG though
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I was not a fan of F on this bird--not so much the seat but that the cabin wasn't anywhere near as private as on the 747 or A380
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by gspurr
I was not a fan of F on this bird--not so much the seat but that the cabin wasn't anywhere near as private as on the 747 or A380
agree for the A380, but the large curtain on the 747 does not provide more privacy than the two much smaller curtains on each side on the A340
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
The a340 has openings in front and back while in the 747 you are in the nose of the plane with nothing in front of you. To me that seems more private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.