Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:02 pm

Hello, I will be flying in business class from BKK to ICN, departing BKK at 11:10 PM. Does anyone know what the food will be like on this flight? Wondering if I should fill up in the lounge prior to the flight.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Hello, I will be flying in business class from BKK to ICN, departing BKK at 11:10 PM. Does anyone know what the food will be like on this flight? Wondering if I should fill up in the lounge prior to the flight.
small snack after departure and main focus is on breakfast before landing
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
small snack after departure and main focus is on breakfast before landing
Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Thank you!
you are welcome
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:19 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
My friend has a TG BKK-HKG-BKK Economy (W) ticket booked and has not yet signed up with the TG ROP. Looking at https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro..._onTHAI01.page will she earn: 2 x (1,049 miles x 25%) = 2 x 262 = 524 Qualifying Miles

This is to be the start of my friend's travelling adventures so can favour TG and *A and although it's very unlikely there will be any preminum class flights, might as well sign up as it's free.
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by siw; Jan 20, 2019 at 6:39 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by siw
My friend has a TG BKK-HKG-BKK Economy (W) ticket booked and has not yet signed up with the TG ROP. Looking at https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro..._onTHAI01.page will she earn: 2 x (1,049 miles x 25%) = 2 x 262 = 524 Qualifying Miles

This is to be the start of my friend's travelling adventures so can favour TG and *A and although it's very unlikely there will be any preminum class flights, might as well sign up as it's free.
That would be my calculation as well. In addition there is a 2,500 miles enrollment bonus with first flight.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:07 am
siw

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
That would be my calculation as well. In addition there is a 2,500 miles enrollment bonus with first flight.
Thanks for the reply.

So there's no program status bonus for the ROP Miles, only the listed distance and the sub-booking class percentage?

For AF-KL Flying Blue (my FFP) the redeemable Miles for SkyTeam partner airlines includes a bonus for the elite status - this is not applicabe for AF or KL flight number tickets as that uses a reveune based method:

IF Sub-booking Class bonus < 100% (i.e. economy with restrictions)
Miles = (Distance x Sub-Booking Class bonus) + (Distance x Elite Status bonus x Sub-Booking Class bonus)

IF Sub-Booking Class bonus => 100% (i.e. full-fare econony, prem. eco., business and first)
Miles = (Distance x Sub-Booking Class bonus) + (Distance x Elte Status bonus)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Thanks for the reply.

So there's no program status bonus for the ROP Miles, only the listed distance and the sub-booking class percentage?
No, there isn't…
also other *Alliance Programs know Status Bonus, for example Miles & More. But usually you need in such programs also more miles to get a comparable award....
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:43 am
siw

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I see there is also a 500 Miles minimum threshold. So rather than being given 262 Miles it will be 500 Miles.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by siw
I see there is also a 500 Miles minimum threshold. So rather than being given 262 Miles it will be 500 Miles.
Correct. For long haul much better to be in T/K to earn 75%. Q class to earn 100% seems to have increased in price sadly.

The minimum earn of 500 miles can be quite handy if you need a 1000 or 2000 miles - just fly 1 or 2 return trip BKK-CNX (or wherever).

Example, AKL-BKK-AKL in deep discount W/V earns 3,000 Qualifying Miles (ie counts towards status) and costs around THB 22,000. 3 domestic returns will also earn 3,000 Qualifying Miles but cost less if buying in advance - a total around THB 6,000-7,200
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Aeroplan award booking YYZ-ORD-NRT-BKK in F on NH and TG. We're then flying to MLE from DMK. Going to MLE, we have an overnight in BKK.

Return flight from MLE, we gets into DMK at 2:15am and we're on TG676 at 7:35am.

Do you think it's feasible to make it from DMK to BKK and still have time for a massage before the flight? I know the lounge doesn't open until 5am.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by mjrobson
Do you think it's feasible to make it from DMK to BKK and still have time for a massage before the flight? I know the lounge doesn't open until 5am.
and the Spa opens at 0600
make sure that when you arrive a F check in, ask them to book a 1 hour massage for you
private massage rooms are limited, there is one plane leaving with 9-12 F passengers and time is tight
at least you should get a 1/2 hour massage (neck/shoulder or feet); for this there is plenty of space for all
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
and the Spa opens at 0600
make sure that when you arrive a F check in, ask them to book a 1 hour massage for you
private massage rooms are limited, there is one plane leaving with 9-12 F passengers and time is tight
at least you should get a 1/2 hour massage (neck/shoulder or feet); for this there is plenty of space for all
Ah! Even worse! Thanks for the info.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:50 am

Hi!

I have an upcoming TG flight Phuket-Bangkok in C. TG 618 (Airbus 330-300) departure 19.00 PM. In this regards I have three questions 1) What can I expect in terms of service i.e. food and drinks? 2) What seats can be expected? Angled flat? 3) I cannot choose seats. Why is that? Does it matter that it is a reward flight?

Thank you for any input!

Tock
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by tockstew
Hi!
I have an upcoming TG flight Phuket-Bangkok in C. TG 618 (Airbus 330-300) departure 19.00 PM. In this regards I have three questions 1) What can I expect in terms of service i.e. food and drinks? 2) What seats can be expected? Angled flat? 3) I cannot choose seats. Why is that? Does it matter that it is a reward flight?
Tock
1) no alcoholic beverages on domestic flights; one type of light meal on one tray (for example phad thai and thai Sweets)
2) likely angle flat as only few of the A330 fleets are refurbished to new full flat seat. actually it does not matter on a 50 min flight
3) for domestic flight you can choose seat only at OLCI (24 Hours Prior to Departure) or at check in; even Status passengers can not select seat
tockstew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.