Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I will agree that pax going through immigration in T2 would just take the train all the way to gate 40 area if that's their destination but the question at hand is not that, it's 'do you take the train from the SQ lounge to the TG/UA/Amex Lounge' and for that one you are in the minority in suggesting the train is the way to go.
not at all!
look at the original question:

Originally Posted by Ikraamk
Hi All,
Originally Posted by Ikraamk
I am new to Thai Airways (sort of, haven't flown with them in 5 years international). I booked flights on separate tickets from HKG to BKK and then BKK to HKT (about 2.5 hour transit in BKK). I would like to know if they will check my luggage through to HKT in HKG? What services can I expect on the flight from HKG (Travelling in J).
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
not at all!
look at the original question:
I'd rather look at your post which talked about taking the train from SQ (gate 20) to TG (gate 40) in response to OP's statement they'd check out the SQ lounge.

SQ lounge is not in the same area as where TG departures. so after check in at terminal 2, you have to take first subway to terminal 1 then go up to SQ lounge; afterwards down again and take the subway to the outer terminal area, where TG departs and where TG and UA lounge are located.
And yes, of those who've chimed in you are indeed in the minority (alone?) suggesting this mode of ambulating between SQ and TG lounges.

[mine]
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'd rather look at your post which talked about taking the train from SQ (gate 20) to TG (gate 40) in response to OP's statement they'd check out the SQ lounge.

And yes, of those who've chimed in you are indeed in the minority (alone?) suggesting this mode of ambulating between SQ and TG lounges.
well, if the 2 passionate co-walkers makes you being over-confident in the "overwhelming" majority, then go for it!
I'd rather enjoy walking up mountains or in a forest then at airports...but everybody to his own
and OP can now decide himself, whether it is worth to drop by at the SQ lounge and go the complicate way (by walk or by the 2 subways) or just take the easy way directly to the TG/UA lounges...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
well, if the 2 passionate co-walkers makes you being over-confident in the "overwhelming" majority, then go for it!
Where are you coming up with this overthetop spiel unrelated to what been posted. AKA, straw man alert. Overwhelming majority? Now you're just making this up.

For posterity, what I posted was "And yes, of those who've chimed in you are indeed in the minority (alone?) suggesting this mode of ambulating between SQ and TG lounges."
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Gosh, guys stop arguing over silly things - some people like to walk, some people like the train. Just like some people go straight to the TG lounge (like me, because I cannot be bothered hopping around) and some people do not. None of the Star Alliance lounges in HK are great anyway
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:52 am

About lost baggage

Sir thai airways lost my baggage when i fly from delhi to bangkok.i want to know about my rights.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:03 am

delayed or they finally could not find it anymore? what have you been offered?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
How would some of the experienced folks out think that service in F has changed in the past few years?

I've been watching a ton of trip reports on youtube and one of the most notable things I've seen is that caviar service used to be plated by the crew, recently it appears that you are served the glass jar in an abalone shell filled with ice and all the accouterments are served in a semi-circle dish around the main plate. Pajamas appear to used to have a collar and button placard but are now a simple v-neck design. Are these changes route specific or fleet-wide changes over time. Any other notable valuations or devaluations over the years?

Additionally, can anyone speak to the likelihood of the 9F vs. 10F cabin configuration? I assume that as they retire these (and place them in farmer's fields) they remove the 10F models first, at least that's my hope but in all likelihood they retire the ones that are the oldest no matter the configuration, but what is the composition of their 747 fleet at this point?

Last edited by therossinator; Sep 30, 2018 at 12:05 am
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:01 am

Accidentally quoted myself when I tried to make an edit. Please delete this post.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by therossinator
How would some of the experienced folks out think that service in F has changed in the past few years?

I've been watching a ton of trip reports on youtube and one of the most notable things I've seen is that caviar service used to be plated by the crew, recently it appears that you are served the glass jar in an abalone shell filled with ice and all the accouterments are served in a semi-circle dish around the main plate. Pajamas appear to used to have a collar and button placard but are now a simple v-neck design. Are these changes route specific or fleet-wide changes over time. Any other notable valuations or devaluations over the years?

Additionally, can anyone speak to the likelihood of the 9F vs. 10F cabin configuration? I assume that as they retire these (and place them in farmer's fields) they remove the 10F models first, at least that's my hope but in all likelihood they retire the ones that are the oldest no matter the configuration, but what is the composition of their 747 fleet at this point?
the mentioned changes are fleetwide (and actually there are not so many flights left with F (and on F routes to Japan, Caviar is not served anyway).
Change re Caviar for me is neither a improvement nor a devaluation, it is just a different way of serving
Pyjamas are changing anywy every 1-3 years, some i liked more and some less

Overall F has been pretty much at the same level during all the years with improvement regarding the seats (suites on 747 and A380) and overall experience always depends on the crew

on the routes, where F is actually also sold, it is more likely to get a 747 with the 9 suites configuration and overall there are 6 of those birds left while only 4 with the 10 F configuration are left
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:34 am

the mentioned changes are fleetwide (and actually there are not so many flights left with F (and on F routes to Japan, Caviar is not served anyway).
Change re Caviar for me is neither a improvement nor a devaluation, it is just a different way of serving
Pyjamas are changing anywy every 1-3 years, some i liked more and some less

Overall F has been pretty much at the same level during all the years with improvement regarding the seats (suites on 747 and A380) and overall experience always depends on the crew

on the routes, where F is actually also sold, it is more likely to get a 747 with the 9 suites configuration and overall there are 6 of those birds left while only 4 with the 10 F configuration are left
Thanks for the information. Great to know and keep my expectations at bay.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:23 pm

Is there a guideline for when Thai releases first class award seats? I can find NRT-BKK for most of next year but long haul flights such as BKK-CDG do not seem to be available past May 2019. Is it typically 7 months for long haul first class seats to be released?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Not really. Usually award seats are made available up to 350 days in advance, but often get taken very quickly - especially F seats.

There is no reliable guide as to if/when further seats might be released AFAIK.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Tokyo has been semi famous for only showing up about two weeks out if they have not sold the seats.

Last I was looking for seats, the pattern was certainly true, but it has been a long while, so I don't know if it still holds true.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Not really. Usually award seats are made available up to 350 days in advance, but often get taken very quickly - especially F seats.

There is no reliable guide as to if/when further seats might be released AFAIK.
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Tokyo has been semi famous for only showing up about two weeks out if they have not sold the seats.

Last I was looking for seats, the pattern was certainly true, but it has been a long while, so I don't know if it still holds true.
Thanks for the replies. I have found a lot of J availability so I guess it is plausible that someone has already snagged the F seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.