Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG F Lounge Acess in Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:18 am
Original Poster

TG F Lounge Acess in Sydney

When flying F in TG out of Sydney which lounge can I use? Can I have access to SQ SilverKris F lounge?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
yes SQ F or NZ
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:17 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yes - see *A lounge access rules: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

Customers have access to International First Class(1) and/or any Star Alliance member carriers' own lounges.

- Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International First Class on a Star Alliance flight
- Customer must be departing from the local airport in International First Class
- Customer must be a revenue customer
Customer is entitled to one guest

(1) Except: LH HON/First Class Lounges in FRA/MUC; LX HON/First Class Lounges in ZRH/GVA; OS HON/First Class Lounges in VIE; TG Spa Lounge in BKK

PS. Quote edited for clarity
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:03 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Interesting. This makes it pretty clear that you're not entitled to lounge access (F or J) if travelling on a redemption ticket.

Has anyone ever been denied lounge access when travelling on an FF ticket? Never happened to me, but I wonder if some lounges enforce the rules strictly?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:49 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hgp
Interesting. This makes it pretty clear that you're not entitled to lounge access (F or J) if travelling on a redemption ticket.

Has anyone ever been denied lounge access when travelling on an FF ticket? Never happened to me, but I wonder if some lounges enforce the rules strictly?
Just to clarify: general consensus on various *A airlines' forums, is that redemption ticket IS A REVENUE TICKET (just the form of payment is miles not credit card or cash). Non-revenue tickets are all sort of free and discounted airline employees' ID00, ID90 or ZED tickets.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TPJ
Just to clarify: general consensus on various *A airlines' forums, is that redemption ticket IS A REVENUE TICKET (just the form of payment is miles not credit card or cash). Non-revenue tickets are all sort of free and discounted airline employees' ID00, ID90 or ZED tickets.
Exactly correct. You are not nonrev on award tickets
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:15 am

yes you can use the Singapore Airlines First Class lounge, and the agent will just remind you that they don't do boarding announcements for TG flights. I just used the SQ F lounge at Sydney last month, while traveling on an award ticket in TG first class.

Carfield
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
On October 20th, the SQ First Class Lounge in Sydney international terminal was closed for re-furbishment. All pax were being directed to go to the NZ facility further along the corridor. It should be re-opened by the middle of November, maybe earlier.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Sitting in SQ Lounge right now and just love everything, service, food, drinks and view

Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Magnus - Thank you for your pix. I can also attest that they have lots of Veuve Clicquot bottles available and are not shy in refilling your glass.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Blutak
On October 20th, the SQ First Class Lounge in Sydney international terminal was closed for re-furbishment. All pax were being directed to go to the NZ facility further along the corridor. It should be re-opened by the middle of November, maybe earlier.
I'll be passing through on 14 November so I'm hoping all the renovations will be completed then. I've spent time in the NZ lounge, I was really looking forward to SQ F lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:24 pm

well it seems to be open. They shouldnt need to refurbish, it just had a full refurbishment at the end of last year
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
well it seems to be open. They shouldn't need to refurbish, it just had a full refurbishment at the end of last year
Thanks for that information, Aussie_flyer. When I tried to access the SQ First Class lounge on Monday 20th October, the dragon gave several other pax and me the news about 'refurbishment' and the need to go to the NZ lounge instead of SQ
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:23 am

Thanks for that information, Aussie_flyer. When I tried to access the SQ First Class lounge on Monday 20th October, the dragon gave several other pax and me the news about 'refurbishment' and the need to go to the NZ lounge instead of SQ
Interesting.....

I shall report back what happens this week
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:58 am

SQ Lounge: floors being redone, should reopen soon (maybe already open?): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ge-closed.html

NZ Lounge: closed for renovations, starting November 1st. Former MH lounge used as a temporary lounge: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...-november.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.