Economy class: 30 kg

In Swedish:

http://www.thaiairways.se/sv/nyheter...ad-baggagevikt
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Looking to SQ again I see. Good for travelers on a shopping spree in Thailand
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
In Southeast Asia, many major carriers like SQ, MH, and GA have 30 kg baggage allowances for economy class. I believe TG is just bringing its allowances in line with its regional competitors, as well as the ME3 airlines which all have 30 kg allowances.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by activistflyer
In Southeast Asia, many major carriers like SQ, MH, and GA have 30 kg baggage allowances for economy class. I believe TG is just bringing its allowances in line with its regional competitors, as well as the ME3 airlines which all have 30 kg allowances.
not only regional competitors, but also all strong competitors from the Gulf area
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:32 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
baggage

Hi,
In my experience, Thai always waived 10kg anyway. Sometimes the amount was 15 kg (in Y). I am a gold member and this was the norm i experienced for about 10. I have not really pushed the limits for the last 2 years as I have retired from my previous 'hobby' which required heavy traveling. Maybe now Thai will just be ultra strict and no longer waive any overweight luggage, except for hi so Thais.
Cheers!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
In my many years of flying TG, the only absolute limit they have implied is the 32KG per piece allowance. They'd not budge on that - health and safety rules.

Though I have been gold with TG most of my flying life, so I never had this problem, watching check-in at different airports, it's doesn't seem to be been an issue upto 5 or even 10 KG extra, but always a NO for anything above 32KG.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
it's now also on TG's main webpage

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/new...xtra_bag.page?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:59 am

When i fly my baggage weighs in at a hefty 3.5kg,try as i might can never get any money taken off the price of my flight.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tg911
When i fly my baggage weighs in at a hefty 3.5kg,try as i might can never get any money taken off the price of my flight.
wow, only 3.5kg! even for a 1 day trip flying in the morning and returning in the evening I have more....

Last edited by BinSabai; Sep 30, 2014 at 9:17 am
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
wow, only 3.5kg! even for a 1 day trip flying in the morning and returning in the evening I have more....

chris
Get questioned at least 3 times at check in LHR/BKK
Any luggage sir.no just this laptop bag,only has a Nexus 7 in it plus charger bit of paper work and a few toiletries.
Sir any luggage to check in you are away for 6 months,no just this laptop bag.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by tg911
Get questioned at least 3 times at check in LHR/BKK
Any luggage sir.no just this laptop bag,only has a Nexus 7 in it plus charger bit of paper work and a few toiletries.
Sir any luggage to check in you are away for 6 months,no just this laptop bag.
I must admit with great embarrassment that my toiletry kit (with the creams / lotions / mirror / hygiene products) probably weighs 3.5kg.

And how much luggage (kg wise) did you bring back to LHR after spending 6 months in BKK...?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by anaidross
I must admit with great embarrassment that my toiletry kit (with the creams / lotions / mirror / hygiene products) probably weighs 3.5kg.

And how much luggage (kg wise) did you bring back to LHR after spending 6 months in BKK...?
About 3kgs don't bother bringing any toiletries back to Blighty.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by coinhunter
Hi,
In my experience, Thai always waived 10kg anyway. Sometimes the amount was 15 kg (in Y). I am a gold member and this was the norm i experienced for about 10. I have not really pushed the limits for the last 2 years as I have retired from my previous 'hobby' which required heavy traveling. Maybe now Thai will just be ultra strict and no longer waive any overweight luggage, except for hi so Thais.
Cheers!
this is exactly what we have to expect - but it makes sense.
instead of worrying and grumbling about how much they will finally accept one does now know from the very beginning how much you have.
They should charge any "excess" - the everybody will know/learn about the limits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.