Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG (NOT WE) A320 to KBV in Feb 15?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Now if PG can figure out a way to receive interlined bags without stressing me out with 'we have no idea where your bag(s) is/are' I'll be thrilled.
Thanks a lot for the informative report.
Good luck with the bags! I hope PG manages to transfer them so they'll arrive together with you.
I think we've interlined from UBP once as well (but TG/TG) and that was probably the event of
the day for the checkin staff, but it worked out well.

Regarding TG / Smile:
Consider yourself lucky! At least TG or Thai Smile "found" your flight and let you book it.
No such luck if you try to book a flight to UBP during the winter timetable.
They apparently manged to "lose" the whole flights.
The schedules are stil there, but at least I did not mange to book on
the TG or TG smile website.

Checking various dates on the TG and Thai Smile website from Nov onwards, and looking for
BKK - UBP as well as
DMK - UBP

We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [-1])

As you said: Utter chaos.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
The miles from my Thai Smile flight last week posted today to my OZ account, a couple days earlier than the last time when it took about 1 week. So still working for those wanting to credit to another *A program. If I recall correctly, there was word earlier that this may all go away by sometime next month. I don't have any future bookings on TG or WE, so likely won't be the first to check out after that date if it still works or not.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:41 pm

TG (NOT WE) A320 to KBV in Feb 15?

The official date is October 2, 2014.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jrey
The official date is October 2, 2014.
Well, glad my next trip, on October 3, is booked on PG then, being I'm guessing I wouldn't get any miles with WE.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You never lost your *G privileges, no flight was ever listed solely as WE and all have been 'code shares' with TG.

I'm sure it's still a TGxxxx (4 digit) flight number indicating TG however it appears TG has backtracked on using WE on any flight these days. The TG/WE code share is still listing in the GDS but every TG flight I've looked up has been simply listed as TGXXXX.... we'll see what happens in time.
i thought even TG co-share, the benefit follow the metal. Since the metal is WE and WE is not *A, then no *A benefit right?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Thanks a lot for the informative report.
Good luck with the bags! I hope PG manages to transfer them so they'll arrive together with you.
PG managed to find and get the bag on the flight but only because I'm Premier. And I know that because I only found out about the problem when entering the lounge ... and the Premier/Blue Ribbon lounge is the only one open these days.

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Checking various dates on the TG and Thai Smile website from Nov onwards, and looking for
BKK - UBP as well as
DMK - UBP

We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [-1])

As you said: Utter chaos.
We don't plan our trips so far in advance but if the rumors of the big cutover happening on Oct 2 is true then DD will get all of my domestic flights to locales that PG doesn't fly to. Barring a schedule that only TG/TG fits of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.