Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft type changed - no message

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Aircraft type changed - no message

TG483 BKK->PER depart Oct 12 2014 was originally A333. I casually looked at my itinerary yesterday to find that it had been changed to B787 with a slightly different seat layout (still only 2-class). I have not received any notification from Thai about the substitution. My seat selection had been amended to one which I would not have chosen. Luckily London office was able to correct seat error - I was unable to do so on-line for some reason.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:03 am

787 ?? Did I miss something?

On the other hand. TG is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you get.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Well that's why you should always keep an eye on your bookings. Its been announced a while ago Perth is tg's first 787 route starting July 1
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Blutak
TG483 BKK->PER depart Oct 12 2014 was originally A333. I casually looked at my itinerary yesterday to find that it had been changed to B787
You should be very happy about this and pay everybody in this thread a beer!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
You should be very happy about this and pay everybody in this thread a beer!
Glad I'm not the only one to perceive this complaint to be odd.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:15 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
So you've been TG'd!! It has happened to all of us. Remember the days when a 7443 would get swapped out in favour of a 7442?

TG's A330s are nothing special so, as others have suggested, you should be happy you'll be on a 787!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Glad I'm not the only one to perceive this complaint to be odd.
My "complaint" was that I did not have any notice that the seat allocation had been changed and that I was unable to correct this on the website. The change of aircraft to a 'NightmareLiner' was irrelevant. Incidentally, my preselected meal choices have been changed to 'Vegetarian Hindu' similar to other posters in another thread.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
My "complaint" was that I did not have any notice that the seat allocation had been changed and that I was unable to correct this on the website. The change of aircraft to a 'NightmareLiner' was irrelevant. Incidentally, my preselected meal choices have been changed to 'Vegetarian Hindu' similar to other posters in another thread.
I feel your pain and have experienced the same with TG previously. I guess it's all part of the "frustration" or "fun", depending on how you're feeling towards TG at any point in time. Your experience is normal with TG... a pity, really.

FWIW, I've been doing a heap of miles of SQ over the last couple of years (booking miles on around half the flights to TG) and am loving the outrageous consistency of the SQ experience - from aircraft, to seat, to service, to catering. They're more expensive than TG (although the price differential has narrowed considerably over the last 3 or so years) but right at the moment I find the consistency is worth paying for.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Thai is known to having shocking IT unfortunately and not getting a notification is probably a by product of this. Saying that they probably don't see the need for a notification due to you still have a business seat, you haven't been downgraded. No airline in the world guarantees a specific seat so they reserve the right to change that at any time. No ideal I know, but it is the way of Thai unfortunately. If you are someone who is highly strung, like everything to run perfectly and expects good communication Thai is probably not the airline for you.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I hereby give TG permission to upgrade the aircraft on my flights at any time without any notice to me at all.

I have an august flight ICN-BKK on the 772 in particular where I'm really hoping TG surprises me with a 773/744/787/380
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I hereby give TG permission to upgrade the aircraft on my flights at any time without any notice to me at all.

I have an august flight ICN-BKK on the 772 in particular where I'm really hoping TG surprises me with a 773/744/787/380
on this route TG is for long time very stable with 772 on direct and via HKG and A330 via Taipeh. Just the BKK-ICN-LAX route experienced a downgrade from 777-300ER to 772 recently
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
My "complaint" was that I did not have any notice that the seat allocation had been changed ....
A change of a/c AND seat go hand in hand. And a seat choice is never guaranteed.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
I dont know any airline that would inform me about an equipment change before departure....simply because the equipment they use is NOT part of the transportation contract.....
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I dont know any airline that would inform me about an equipment change before departure....simply because the equipment they use is NOT part of the transportation contract.....
Indeed, not aware of any.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by BinSabai
on this route TG is for long time very stable with 772 on direct and via HKG and A330 via Taipeh. Just the BKK-ICN-LAX route experienced a downgrade from 777-300ER to 772 recently
I though BKK-ICN-LAX is always on B772-ER? I took the ICN-BKK leg which was on B772-ER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.