Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manila: worst TG lounge in the world??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
I'm not even sure it's allowed...SQ's website doesn't say anything about other *A Biz ticket holders being able to use their dedicated SilverKris outstation lounges.
it is a *A rule that *A Biz ticket holder can access their Lounges
exceptions are clearly defined for certain F Lounges
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
SQ in Singapore offers a secondLounge beside their SilverKris Lounge for *A Gold and other *A Biz Class passengers, but if they do not offer this, those can use local SiverKris lounge
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
it is a *A rule that *A Biz ticket holder can access their Lounges
exceptions are clearly defined for certain F Lounges
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy
SQ in Singapore offers a secondLounge beside their SilverKris Lounge for *A Gold and other *A Biz Class passengers, but if they do not offer this, those can use local SiverKris lounge
The SIN SKL doesn't allow other *A C/J pax inside? It's been a few years since SIN was a often trod connection point for me, so I have no recent experience, but that's surprising.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The SIN SKL doesn't allow other *A C/J pax inside? It's been a few years since SIN was a often trod connection point for me, so I have no recent experience, but that's surprising.
same for me as I usually take TG to and from SIN and they are in terminal 2 with their own Lounge. But Silverkris certainly does not allow *A Gold flying in Y, they have to go into a pretty mediocre other SQ Lounge. Maybe nowadays they let other *A J passengers now in.
Anyway the question was re Manila Silverkris Lounge and there you can certainly enter with any *A J ticket
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:15 am

same for me as I usually take TG to and from SIN and they are in terminal 2 with their own Lounge. But Silverkris certainly does not allow *A Gold flying in Y, they have to go into a pretty mediocre other SQ Lounge. Maybe nowadays they let other *A J passengers now in.
Anyway the question was re Manila Silverkris Lounge and there you can certainly enter with any *A J ticket
Then it would be similar to TG in Bangkok, where the Royal Orchid lounge is designated for *A Gold Ys whereas Biz ticket holders can use the Royal Silk lounges.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

In Singapore you can also use the SKL with any *A J ticket. It is just not a *G lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In Singapore you can also use the SKL with any *A J ticket. It is just not a *G lounge.
ok thanks for the update! so the *G flying cattle would then have to go to Krisflyer Gold Lounge; i remember that one, worse then TG Lounge in D Terminal BKK
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:14 am

Then it would be similar to TG in Bangkok, where the Royal Orchid lounge is designated for *A Gold Ys whereas Biz ticket holders can use the Royal Silk lounges.
I do not think so!
Royal Orchid Lounge is the Name for the E west Lounge because it has beside the normal J Lounge also a small F section. All other J Lounges are called Royal Silk
Officially the D Lounge caters only for J passengers and not for *G flying cattle, but I have not heard that this is strictly enforded
all other Royal Silk and the Royal Orchid caters also for *G flying cattle
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:11 pm

I do not think so!
Royal Orchid Lounge is the Name for the E west Lounge because it has beside the normal J Lounge also a small F section. All other J Lounges are called Royal Silk
Officially the D Lounge caters only for J passengers and not for *G flying cattle, but I have not heard that this is strictly enforded
all other Royal Silk and the Royal Orchid caters also for *G flying cattle
It does get a bit complicated...as Thai has so many lounges at Bangkok and the access rules vary slightly among them. As I understand it, the Royal Orchid lounge is the least "prestigious" of them (just the decor seems to confirm this) and is provided for the use of *A [non-TG] First and Biz class flyers and Economy flyers with premium mileage membership cards with any *A carrier [including TG].

The Royal Silk lounge access rules vary from concourse to concourse. The most restrictive appears to be the one in D Concourse, which is limited to TG Biz ticket holders and ROP Platinum cardholders. The other lounges allow entry to TG Biz flyers and *A Gold cardholders flying economy.

Of course, I don't know how strictly these rules are enforced, as I don't fly Thai very often (thus my questions). Also, *A Golds flying economy have access to the Orchid and Silk lounges [except D], whereas *A First and Biz non-Gold flyers are limited to the Orchid Lounge in Thai's offerings.

Last edited by OMGImInPattaya; Sep 30, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It does get a bit complicated...as Thai has so many lounges at Bangkok and the access rules vary slightly among them. As I understand it, the Royal Orchid lounge is the least "prestigious" of them (just the decor seems to confirm this) and is provided for the use of *A [non-TG] First and Biz class flyers and Economy flyers with premium mileage membership cards with any *A carrier [including TG].

The Royal Silk lounge access rules vary from concourse to concourse. The most restrictive appears to be the one in D Concourse, which is limited to TG Biz ticket holders and ROP Platinum cardholders. The other lounges allow entry to TG Biz flyers and *A Gold cardholders flying economy.

Of course, I don't know how strictly these rules are enforced, as I don't fly Thai very often (thus my questions). Also, *A Golds flying economy have access to the Orchid and Silk lounges [except D], whereas *A First and Biz non-Gold flyers are limited to the Orchid Lounge in Thai's offerings.
It's not complicated at all, though you are doing your best to make it so.

The lounges in C and E are accessible to any J/F pax and *G. The D concourse lounges are supposed to only be accessible only to forward cabin pax.

There is also an F section in one of the E concourse lounges.

See how simple it is?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:13 pm

It's not complicated at all, though you are doing your best to make it so.

The lounges in C and E are accessible to any J/F pax and *G. The D concourse lounges are supposed to only be accessible only to forward cabin pax.

There is also an F section in one of the E concourse lounges.

See how simple it is?
Well I think it IS a bit more complicated. For example, Thai's website doesn't say the D Concourse Silk lounge is only open to TG F and C fliers and ROP Platinum cardholders.

As you say, the F Concourse Orchid lounge is open to any TG or *A premium class ticket holder or mileage member.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I think it IS a bit more complicated.
Well, then you are wrong.

Stop trying to make make this into a proof of the derivative of ln(x).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:06 pm

Well I think it IS a bit more complicated. For example, Thai's website doesn't say the D Concourse Silk lounge is only open to TG F and C fliers and ROP Platinum cardholders.

As you say, the F Concourse Orchid lounge is open to any TG or *A premium class ticket holder or mileage member.
YOU are making things complicate!
it is stated on TG Website that D Lounge is for TG and *A C passengers and Platinum, for all other Lounges *A Gold is added

there are NO TG Lounges in F concourse, the EVA Lounge is there
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:17 pm

YOU are making things complicate!
it is stated on TG Website that D Lounge is for TG and *A C passengers and Platinum, for all other Lounges *A Gold is added

there are NO TG Lounges in F concourse, the EVA Lounge is there
I stand corrected...you are correct, the D lounge does allow any *A Biz Class passengers to access the lounge and Plat. ROP cardholders. No non-TG cardholders, however.

I guess I'm just sorta wondering what the E Concourse Royal Orchid lounge is for...it seems duplicative of the others.

I don't think I mentioned anything about any F Concourse Royal Silk lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think I mentioned anything about any F Concourse Royal Silk lounge.
There is no F anything TG. Period. And your use of any terminology, save the concourse the lounge is in (C, D, E), is superfluous.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:20 am

There is no F anything TG. Period. And your use of any terminology, save the concourse the lounge is in (C, D, E), is superfluous.
I think that's what I said...that's why I was surprised it was mentioned.

I don't know what you mean with your second point...the lounges are different in names and have different access policies. Feel free to keep trolling, however, if that makes you happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.