Wiki Posts
Search

Manila: worst TG lounge in the world??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya
As you say, the F Concourse Orchid lounge is open to any TG or *A premium class ticket holder or mileage member.
I think that's what I said...that's why I was surprised it was mentioned.
No, you are the only one who claims there is an F concourse TG lounge. To wit:

As you say, the F Concourse Orchid lounge is open to any TG or *A premium class ticket holder or mileage member.

I don't know what you mean with your second point...the lounges are different in names and have different access policies. Feel free to keep trolling, however, if that makes you happy.
:facepalm: You are totally clueless. Good luck seeking knowledge when several of us have offered you the answers and yet you don't accept it.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
:facepalm: You are totally clueless. Good luck seeking knowledge when several of us have offered you the answers and yet you don't accept it.
the handle says it all!
OMG
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
the handle says it all!
OMG
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:41 pm

I'm thankful for the feedback. If I mentioned an F Concourse lounge I was wrong. As I said, I haven't flown Thai in years so have to get up to speed again.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb PAGSS LOUNGE @ Terminal 1

If TG Lounge does not appeal, you can as J passenger or with *Gold still go to SQ lounge
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
No. SQ and CX lounges are in NAIA 3. There is a contact lounge for other Star carriers departing from NAIA 1.
That's correct, but what's even more shocking to me is that QR uses the same lounge. It's a truly basic lounge, not something I'd expect for QR's premium pax. My guess is that MNL isn't as big or important a market for the airline.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I thought so. Just the advice to use the SQ lounge instead made me double check. As it would have been nice, and maybe there was something to learn
Same thought went through my mind, but I know SQ doesn't depart from Terminal 1, so it's not possible.

For the past 8-10 trips in less than 2 years, & another coming up end of the month, I've been trying to find ideas on how to minimize the time spent waiting in the airport/lounge but with unpredictable traffic in the city, it's just safer & wiser to get to the airport earlier (unless it's a Sunday then traffic is pretty smooth).

Not much else to keep one occupied at the terminal so just catch up on some work & hope that the flight to BKK doesn't get delayed!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:47 am

Just my 2 pesos on the "Thai" lounge at Manila airport...first,,it's not really a TG Royal Silk lounge but a PAGOR (or something) lounge run by the airports authority or management. It is also used by Korean Air. As reported, it is small and somewhat depressing place, a dulsatory selection of finger foods and a small selection of desserts. There is also a small choice of drinks, including wine, beer, and soft drinks. At least the wifi is satisfactory.

My advice would be to pick up a sandwich and some sweets in the terminal before entering the lounge if one is hungry as it will be better than what is on offer in the lounge.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:37 am

Well not only the lounge is not that good, but I also had hard time accessing it recently. All I wanted was peace and quiet place with wifi, and since the TG lounge was completely empty, I thought I'll hang out there. I was flying OZ in J, but I'm also *G (LX).
Upon looking at my boarding pass the young lady-dragon told me I cannot access and should go to Asiana contract lounge, because this lounge is for TG passengers only. I told her with my *G I can access any *G lounge. She politely began to draw for me how to get to Asiana lounge. I pushed further, she tried to call someone to check who didn't answer. She was still trying to send me away, at which point I pointed to a huge *G sign they have on the door, same sign on my *G card, Swiss logo on my card and Swiss logo on the list of *A partner they ironically had on the reception desk. After a bit more back and forth she finally told me "well sir this lounge is exclusive for TG passengers, but if you really want I can let you use it today". "Face saved" for both I guess.
The lounge is actually not that bad. It was very quiet, it has some apron view, food is not so good (but not awful), drinks are allright, wifi works, phone charges.
Now that I think more about it, if it is indeed a contract lounge, the lady was correct as afaik contract lounge can only be used when flying a specific airline (so no *G access if not flying this airline). However, the lounge had *G sign on the door (which I checked specifically), and also *A website lounge finder suggests I can use the lounge if I tell it I fly OZ but have LX *G card.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:32 am

sure you can use TG Lounge in Manila with *G
that happens once in a while that some lounge dragon tries to push you to some other lounge, in particular if it is pretty full, but if it is really empty, it does not make sense as they get paid for your visit.
can also happen in BKK at the SQ Lounge or EVA if you are not flying with them
just politely insist on the rules and if necessary ask for a supervisor.

just out of interest: LX Gold, does this exist or would that be Miles & More Senator? LX, OS and LH have all the same M & M card and it is not specified by Airline, right?
Old May 11, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
sure you can use TG Lounge in Manila with *G
that happens once in a while that some lounge dragon tries to push you to some other lounge, in particular if it is pretty full, but if it is really empty, it does not make sense as they get paid for your visit.
can also happen in BKK at the SQ Lounge or EVA if you are not flying with them
just politely insist on the rules and if necessary ask for a supervisor.

just out of interest: LX Gold, does this exist or would that be Miles & More Senator? LX, OS and LH have all the same M & M card and it is not specified by Airline, right?
There are Swiss branded Miles and More Cards Not sure about OS, but Swiss does have their own card.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:00 am

There are Swiss branded Miles and More Cards Not sure about OS, but Swiss does have their own card.
and depending on what do you get it?
Old May 12, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
and depending on what do you get it?
You join the Miles &, More program via Swiss.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:34 pm

You join the Miles &, More program via Swiss.
nobody asked me back then whether I would like to join via Swiss, Austrian or Lufthansa...
Old May 12, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nobody asked me back then whether I would like to join via Swiss, Austrian or Lufthansa...
In the end it probably does not really matter, as it is the same program underneath. A bit like whether you are joining Marriott Rewards or Ritz Carlton Rewards. To all extend and purposes, it is the same except in name.

Though I did read some comments that the Swiss team looking out for the HON members was the better one. Don't know if this is true.
Old May 13, 2018, 1:57 am

In the end it probably does not really matter, as it is the same program underneath. A bit like whether you are joining Marriott Rewards or Ritz Carlton Rewards. To all extend and purposes, it is the same except in name.

Though I did read some comments that the Swiss team looking out for the HON members was the better one. Don't know if this is true.
i am not HON member and will never be so who cares....
anyway interesting to learn something new of a program where I am SENATOR for close to 20 years
Old May 13, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i am not HON member and will never be so who cares....
anyway interesting to learn something new of a program where I am SENATOR for close to 20 years
Lufthansa only started the take over of Swiss in 2005. So it would probably only be 2005 or later that Swiss joined Miles & More.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.