Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never flown Thai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
The poster is used to flying United - so clearly doesnt have high standards or expectations for air travel. Thai will be a vast improvement in business or first.

Having said that, I agree, F is F.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by bmrsjohn
Second post on this forum today. My wife and I are planning a trip. If you could confirm award travel on A340 first LHR-BKK or A380 business FRA-BKK WHat would some of you avid TG flyers choose?
F and J awards do not cost the same amount of miles, so you have to figure out what you could with the miles difference on 2 tickets.
IF, I were sure to get the A380 (in J) compared to the A340 (in F), I would not go A340 F unless the award/price difference does not matter much to you. As mentioned by others the flat bed in J is not worse than the old F bed on A340. Yes you get Dom and better wines, slightly better food and service, but worse screen/Avod, better lounge in BKK and possibly full massage service if you are lucky to have one of the couple of massage rooms free and time to use it.
A380 F (or 77W F or new F on 747) would be a better F experience than A340 F.
However, note that getting the A380 is quite uncertain. Getting the antique angled lie-flat J seat is no fun whatsoever. At least with F, you are sure to get a flat bed whatever the plane.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Plat, UA 1mm,HHonors Diamond
Follow up

Ended up setting an award alert on expert flyer and lucky me. 2 saver first awards became available on the FRA-BKK A380 flight. Made the call and was able to get the seats. Just FYI routing CLT-IAD-FRA-BKK was 70,000 miles per person for UA F on first 2 legs and TG on the last.

Know this has probably been asked but is there any assistance from TG in FRA to get me from UA flight to TG?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.