Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai to Bangkok Airways - transfer at BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton Honors Diamond; SPG Platinum
Hello,

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered, but I got confused based on the origination point:

HND-BKK-USM.
Haneda to BKK is on one ticket with Thai Airways.
BKK-USM is on a separate ticket with PG.

1. Will TG interline our checked bags at HND all the way thru to USM?
2. 2.5 hours enough to transfer in BKK assuming yes/no to #1?
Old May 12, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
according to this thread, no interline arrangement anymore of Bangkok Airways with other airlines unless it is a code share, but this might have changed again...
but 2.5 hours are enough to immigrate, pick up your bags go to Bangkok Airways check in, check in and go through domestic security
Old May 13, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I was just checking back and it doesn't seem that anyone here has put these new rules to the test.

I do have questions - such as:

It's PG's announcement - does it apply in reverse - i.e. will EVA Air check-in all the way through on a VIE-BKK-USM if two seperate tickets (the answer we know is technically no on the reverse).

Are any PG airports making exceptions? Especially in tight situations?

Is there any assistance / flexibility being offered in the event of missing connecting flights - especially for tickets purchased pre this new ruling? Most of my connecting flights are separate tickets but same PNR. I have friends travelling soon who had 2 hours on 2 separate tickets - and are now worried as sometimes Bangkok immigration can be dire (normally quick, but..)

Anyway, I think this thread will run for a while, but if anyone ends up with any data points to the above, let me know
Old May 16, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
according to this thread, no interline arrangement anymore of Bangkok Airways with other airlines unless it is a code share, but this might have changed again...
but 2.5 hours are enough to immigrate, pick up your bags go to Bangkok Airways check in, check in and go through domestic security
I am not sure this is correct. PG's release indicated they would not send bags to a second carrier on separate tickets except in the case of a code share booking (which is unlikely to ever occur).

From my readings there was nothing stated about accepting bags from other carriers.

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I was just checking back and it doesn't seem that anyone here has put these new rules to the test.

I do have questions - such as:

It's PG's announcement - does it apply in reverse - i.e. will EVA Air check-in all the way through on a VIE-BKK-USM if two seperate tickets (the answer we know is technically no on the reverse).
I wonder the same. Although I'm reticent to attempt it since the two times I've checked through CX-PG they claimed the bags were never received ... and both times the bags arrived with me.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton Honors Diamond; SPG Platinum
Just some post-trip data-points.

HND-BKK-USM
HND-BKK leg was on TG
BKK-USM leg was on PG

Separate tickets, etc.

Thai Airways DID, indeed, interline our bags all the way thru to USM.

On the return flight (USM-BKK on PG, BKK-ICN on Asiana), Bangkok Airways did NOT interline per their new policy.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Hi there -- was wondering if anybody had more recent experience? We are trying to interline, starting with TG, connecting to PG, on two separate tickets:

PER-BKK on TG
BKK-RGN on PG

Thoughts on whether TG will interline? There are four of us, so would be a bit of a pain if not (am thinking of all the immigration forms to fill out for BKK )

Thanks as always!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by burmaflyer
Hi there -- was wondering if anybody had more recent experience? We are trying to interline, starting with TG, connecting to PG, on two separate tickets:

PER-BKK on TG
BKK-RGN on PG

Thoughts on whether TG will interline? There are four of us, so would be a bit of a pain if not (am thinking of all the immigration forms to fill out for BKK )

Thanks as always!
should work out (if you insist) from international to international flight.
It wouldn't work out for a domestic flight within Thailand by PG.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
should work out (if you insist) from international to international flight.
It wouldn't work out for a domestic flight within Thailand by PG.
Either TG is ok to interline or they aren't. Why are you drawing distinctions between Int and Dom (without making a distinction between Dom airports with customs facilities and 2nd tier airports)?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Either TG is ok to interline or they aren't. Why are you drawing distinctions between Int and Dom (without making a distinction between Dom airports with customs facilities and 2nd tier airports)?
Not to mention it contradicts the report two posts up, about TG interlining to PG for HND-BKK-USM.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Not to mention it contradicts the report two posts up, about TG interlining to PG for HND-BKK-USM.
To be fair, the post you're referring to is almost a year old.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
To be fair, the post you're referring to is almost a year old.
But the subsequent post saying it's not possible on a domestic segment cites no source or experience for that assertion, so I would tend to credit the first hand report (9 months old).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
But the subsequent post saying it's not possible on a domestic segment cites no source or experience for that assertion, so I would tend to credit the first hand report (9 months old).

Well, 10 months really, but let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

I would also give more weight to the post you're referencing FWIW.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:45 am

Sorry to say, but it's not as you thinkl
They do make a distinction and both, PG and TG do not allow through check-in on seperate tickets if PG flight is purely domestic Thailand not even to/from USM (which is an "international" airport).
But they "can" (may/are allowed to) perform through check-in form international TG to international PG flight and v.v.
(but maybe one has to "insist".. don't ask me for the reasons of this distinction, but it exists....)
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
Sorry to say, but it's not as you thinkl
They do make a distinction and both, PG and TG do not allow through check-in on seperate tickets if PG flight is purely domestic Thailand not even to/from USM (which is an "international" airport).
But they "can" (may/are allowed to) perform through check-in form international TG to international PG flight and v.v.
(but maybe one has to "insist".. don't ask me for the reasons of this distinction, but it exists....)
Sorry, but post 50 runs counter to your statements.

Also, to throw another wrench into your cog, PG does not interline on separate tix excepting to another PG flight (own metal or codeshare) and I'm not aware of any TG metal/PG codeshare flights. Additionally, PG will interline, on separate tix, to a PG domestic flight, which your post asserts does not happen.

Last edited by dsquared37; Apr 5, 2017 at 4:00 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:45 am

Sorry, but post 50 runs counter to your statements.

Also, to throw another wrench into your cog, PG does not interline on separate tix excepting to another PG flight (own metal or codeshare) and I'm not aware of any TG metal/PG codeshare flights. Additionally, PG will interline, on separate tix, to a PG domestic flight, which your post asserts does not happen.
dsquared...please try and I wish you good luck! Its certainly always worth a trial

But if you would like to check baggage through from international TG onto international TG by PG it shouldn't be a problem while they won't do it any longer (since much longer than one year already) for a domestic PG-flight to Samui.
And have you already noticed that since almost one month rr longer many (if not most) PG-domestic flights have become code-share flighs by TG as well? Have a look and check that out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.