Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG booked the cook in F - a big thumbs down

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG booked the cook in F - a big thumbs down

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by somkiat
My point is that an impressive menue with a long list of spectacular dishes which are difficult to prepare on a plane should easily be beaten by something that is better in quality but means nothing to the average award traveller whose blockbusters seem to be lobster thermidor or caviar .
As far as I'm aware, TG has never described their on board menu as being 'impressive' or 'spectacular' regardless of class flown. Seriously, I think it's time you found a new forum to harass - your posts are light years away from being Monty Python funny and you're obviously unhappy with the services on offer so why persist....?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Marah
As far as I'm aware, TG has never described their on board menu as being 'impressive' or 'spectacular' regardless of class flown. Seriously, I think it's time you found a new forum to harass - your posts are light years away from being Monty Python funny and you're obviously unhappy with the services on offer so why persist....?
Indeed! Competition is stiff in the aviation world! Take another carrier and you may just find your perfect meal at cruising altitude!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:51 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Cool I appreciate somkiat

Originally Posted by Marah
I think it's time you found a new forum to harass - your posts are light years away from being Monty Python funny and you're obviously unhappy with the services on offer so why persist....?
I agree with your previous post that it is inappropriate to constantly attack TG and its ROP program. TG is still a good (to very good) airline and has competitive pricing in premium cabins and most importantly is pleasant and accomodating with its passengers.

Unfortunatley I very strongly disapprove your attack of somkiat who finally brought here a sense of humour (I already appreciate on the German counterpart of FT) which is cruelly lacking here. The lobster for the average award flyer made me laugh - I rather recommend the new lamb saltimbocca and prefer Bollinger Grande Annee anytime over Dom Perignon. But I am mostly paying my fare and drink both at home too .
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Stiff competition in the air would not be sufficient to satisfy my desire for meals as I like them , for that I need a restaurant and not an aluminium tube . . neither do I spend a second to torture my brain if I could have a free massage in the F lounge . Anybodymay have one that lasts 6 hours round the corner within the airport , just pay a few Baht . Thai is the perfect airline for my needs and their ticket prices are great pleasure to me . Nuff said .
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
God I love watching threads where people complain about dry lobster in F, and the subsequent squabbling and retort about members being too pro or anti airline XYZ.

Welcome to FT I guess

Old Jan 20, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by haydensydney
God I love watching threads where people complain about dry lobster in F, and the subsequent squabbling and retort about members being too pro or anti airline XYZ.

Welcome to FT I guess

I wouldn't say I love these threads but I find it amusing people expect a top quality experience from food that has been re-heated. They've obviously been sucked in by the advertising.

Having said that I usually get a good dining experience with LX F and BD C TATL routes (before they were scrapped) with the chef on board were excellent for airline food.

The bottom line is I don't expect too much from reheated food and think you have to be pretty gullible if you do
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I wouldn't say I love these threads but I find it amusing people expect a top quality experience from food that has been re-heated. They've obviously been sucked in by the advertising.

Having said that I usually get a good dining experience with LX F and BD C TATL routes (before they were scrapped) with the chef on board were excellent for airline food.

The bottom line is I don't expect too much from reheated food and think you have to be pretty gullible if you do
Perfectly stated! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.