Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"No Show" ticket cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
"No Show" ticket cancellation

I planned a trip with friends from BRU to Phuket (Thai Royal Silk Class 10-19 december BRU-BKK-HKT) originally without wives. My wive however was a little suspicious and planned a surprise visit. She managed to book a 2200€ last-minute C-class ticket on the 12th for a departure on the 13th (of course paying with my credit card). Arriving at BRU airport check-in, she was told she was not on the passenger's list and therefore wasn't allowed a boarding pass (was I getting lucky after all?). After a long discussion, they aknowledged the probable error because she bought a ticket 24 hours before and was allowed to check-in. On the return day, at HKT, again she was denied check-in, now because her ticket had been cancelled because a "No Show" at BRU. She was however lucky to have kept her boarding passes to prove that she indeed flew the BRU-BKK-HKT leg. After discussing for over one hour with the supervisor, she received her boarding pass but lost her good window seat. They were however able to accomodate us next to each other in the middle row claiming we were lucky that there still was a business seat vacant, otherwise...
I raised the issue with Thai by e-mail, but the only thing I received was something like "We are sorry the hear that" and "We hope this will not happen again with your next trip with us"...
A good advise: Always keep your boarding passes for as long as you can, you never know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.