Wiki Posts
Search

F officially pulled from bali

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

F officially pulled from bali

DPS-BKK no longer shows an F cabin for next summer on ana tool or thaiairways.com

does this mean if one is booked in C class you now sit in the nose of the 747?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: US Silver, UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Same for December according to ANA. Maybe now I can cancel the F award tix I had booked without paying a penalty.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

kind of annoying for F pax though
I see its gone from 747 to A330 according to Thai.com which also ....sucks.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does Thai provide compensation for those already booked in F? I used CO miles.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
BKK-DPS now a A330-300

Just checked my J reservation on March 11, 2012. 747-400 changed to an A330-300. Now that just sucks.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by ekartash
Same for me. If I don't think I can get the compensation, I may switch to SQ business. This is like 4 of 8 segments on the award trip going from F to C with Lufthansa, Thai and Egypt Air.

It is a shame when airlines can't live up to their agreement. If you make a change, you get hit with a big change fee, while they are free to destroy a trip you booked 100% first class without any first class protection.

Has anyone received compensation recently?

Last edited by BF263533; Aug 30, 2011 at 1:10 am
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
well, almost everyone here has redeemed a ticket and you want compensation when an airline downgrades its equipment? If you issued it with miles, then you have to go back to your original FFP to sort it out. TG will not compensate you as they've given you advance notice.

As for change fees.. well, if you're flying on a real F class ticket... then no change fee required. Changes permitted everytime.

TG probably decided to downgrade after they saw the number of award bookings vs revenue bookings.

The A330 aircraft could have the old old Business Class seats too !

Enjoy !
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by ekartash
I am offered the fare difference between C and F for the sector on a paid ticket- approx. USD 300 each way.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
I am offered the fare difference between C and F for the sector on a paid ticket- approx. USD 300 each way.
That is how much downgraded F->C award tix holders got also per person each way in cash...only TG knows how much money they lost in the past 6 months with this stupid move
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Several of the posters in this thread have stated that TG has paid cash for the downgrade on award tickets.

Color me unsurprised that TG gave up the ghost on this. There clearly isn't any great demand for paid ultrapremium tickets on a relatively short flight to a leisure destination. Otherwise, don't you think SQ and CX would be selling F tickets to DPS?

Cheers for those of you lucky FTers who got it, though... and to be blunt, TG C on that route in a 772 isn't exactly a medieval torture chamber. Plus, come on, it's Bali.

Originally Posted by divjan
That is how much downgraded F->C award tix holders got also per person each way in cash...only TG knows how much money they lost in the past 6 months with this stupid move
It might be quite a bit less cash than the amount of fuel a 744 burns compared to a twinjet on BKK-DPS-BKK.

Originally Posted by BF263533
Same for me. If I don't think I can get the compensation, I may switch to SQ business. This is like 4 of 8 segments on the award trip going from F to C with Lufthansa, Thai and Egypt Air.
I wouldn't consider SQ C on BKK-SIN-DPS to be substantially better than TG C going BKK-DPS. The hard product typically on offer from SQ on those short regional routes is this.

That being said, if I was originating/connecting in someplace like HKG, I'd probably take SQ over TG. But that's because SQ's product's nicer on the HKG-SIN leg.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 30, 2011 at 4:01 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:58 pm

Has anyone out there actually flown in F and had F service on this route in the last year?

If not, I'd say the clue phone is ringing and some people are choosing not to pick up.

If you buy a ticket (or use miles), KNOWING by reading on these boards that they aren't really going to provide F class, and you're just looking to get something out of it, then that likely says something about your motives - so why whinge?

If no one has gotten the F service and the aircraft is continually changed by TG, and people know this and still complain, I think they need to either re-think their logic or have some brain imaging done.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:06 pm

[QUOTE=BF263533;17020884]they are free to destroy a trip you booked 100% first class without any first class protection.QUOTE]

"Destroy" the trip?

Because you have to sit in a business class seat for a 3 hour flight going on holiday?

That is beyond absurd.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Has anyone out there actually flown in F and had F service on this route in the last year?
There were a handful of posters who got the F service to/from DPS.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:41 pm

[QUOTE=Flyingfox;17025165]
Originally Posted by BF263533
they are free to destroy a trip you booked 100% first class without any first class protection.QUOTE]

"Destroy" the trip?

Because you have to sit in a business class seat for a 3 hour flight going on holiday?

That is beyond absurd.
8 segments in first and 4 are now business? For my travelling companion she had 8 segments in first and 5 are now business? Yes, that is beyond absurd. If you book 8 first class segments, you should not be downgraded on 4 or 5 of the 8 segments like for 20+ hours of travel that was scheduled in first and now business.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Silver , QC Bronze, AA Plat
Thai are actually being a bit sly about this. I have been booked in F for over a week now, email confo etc from BMI where I used my points. I was able last week to go into THAI site and pre order my First meal etc. When I rang thai today they told me I have never been booked in F but have always been booked in Business which is clearly not the case as I have an email confirmation confirming this, also when I go on checkmytrip.com it actually says that the airline has cancelled one part of my booking and replaced it with another. If they are going to cancel service and downgrade F then thats fine I dont mind sitting in Business as there are far worst places to be but they should offer something as It is a downgrade of service regardless of how I paid for the ticket. British airways always have done in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.