Wiki Posts
Search

DXB-BKK-CNX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by execplatscum
ok.. this thread has me confused. I am on a CX Flight Hong Kong Bangkok then connecting to a TG flight Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

Here are my questions:
1. Can I check my bags all the way to Chaing Mai (interline from CX to TG?)
2. Do I need to Collect my bags and Clear Customs/Immigration in BKK?
3. Assuming answer to 1 is no, I imagine I need to grab my bags and then recheck with TG in BKK?
3. Why would customs be done in Chaing Mai? I assume the TG flight is domestic and much like the rest of the world, no additional customs/immigration needed.

I guess the whole CNX is an international airport comment is only applicable if you are arriving from an international destination?
If you can interline your bags at checkin then you will be processed for immigration purposes in BKK, however you won't see your bags until until CNX. This means you will need to go through customs there as it's kind of silly to go through customs when you're not in possession of the very things customs deals with.

There is no 'additional' anything.

Now, if you can't interline then you will need to get your bags in BKK after going through immigration but before customs. Then head up to the 4th floor and re-check in.

In this second case you will have undergone immigration/customs in BKK and won't be subject to anything in CNX.

What you might be failing to understand is that internationally connecting pax are directed to an entirely different bag carousel room, which incidentally contains customs. Domestic only pax are sent to carousels where there is only an exit, not customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.