Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning on current immigration clearance time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:32 am

Departure update from this morning. 650AM check-in at H/J counters took a little over 15 minutes, but immigration line was surprisingly light at around 7:10AM. Again, single snake line and there are now female officers directing flow of pax.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:44 am

I plan to use Bangkok Flight Services.

Originally Posted by extracta
Which pickup service are you going to use?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: QF WP, DM buyer, AMEX Centurion decliner
Article in today's Age on the problem:

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...320-1vgwa.html
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I landed on Saturday at about 10:10 P.M. from HAN in J. I used fast track with one person ahead of me in line I was through in a few minutes. Baggage was lightening fast and I was in a cab within 15 mins of landing.

The regular line did not seem that bad. There was only one line and there was a woman checking documents. Judging from the line I would say it would have only taken less than 10 minutes.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:26 am

Just arrived at 2200hrs local and the immigration hall was literally empty. Was given a Fast Track card by CX but didn't use it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Stephen65
Article in today's Age on the problem:

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/trav...320-1vgwa.html
Nice to see that they are planning to use DMK again and have the LCCs transfer there. Let's just hope though that they don't consider Thai Smiles to be a LCC and have a re-run of the most horrible decision a few years ago when TG moved domestic operations to DMK. They absolutely need to keep ALL TG flights, including Thai Smiles at BKK, and force ALL LCCs, including Air Asia to DMK, along with allowing any other airlines that wish to move there to do so.

And let's just hope that in moving the LCCs to DMK, that they don't think they've solved all the problems. They needed to have started construction on an additional terminal years ago, but obviously haven't yet. They really need to get off their butts and get on with that, or we'll be right back in the same position in a few years with no solution in sight.

Last edited by A_Lee; Mar 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Nice to see that they are planning to use DMK again and have the LCCs transfer there. Let's just hope though that they don't consider Thai Smiles to be a LCC and have a re-run of the most horrible decision a few years ago when TG moved domestic operations to DMK. They absolutely need to keep ALL TG flights, including Thai Smiles at BKK, and force ALL LCCs, including Air Asia to DMK, along with allowing any other airlines that wish to move there to do so.

And let's just hope that in moving the LCCs to DMK, that they don't think they've solved all the problems. They needed to have started construction on an additional terminal years ago, but obviously haven't yet. They really need to get off their butts and get on with that, or we'll be right back in the same position in a few years with no solution in sight.
I've seen from Thai news that THAI smile will not move to DMK because it is under TG code and network but TG will consider the new LCC, joint venture between TG and DD, to move to DMK.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Cool BKK Post: "Airport complaints subside"

Today there is an article in the Bangkok Post celebrating victory over the immigration queues. Apparently measures have been effective and complaints are down.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
The only queue at arrivals as per yesterday 13.48 has been myself . I did not even turn right to the diplomats and other disabled travellers` counter .
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
yesterday normal

Yesterday arriving at 2245PM

experienced normal inward immigration queues
(that means: the immigration area full of people).
they are using the new snake-like queue system with the female riot police arranging passenger flow.

surprisingly the thai national counters were queueing all the way to the back of the area, too. no snake-system here, though.

TG fast track: no waiting at all.

boogey
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:50 pm

Another little update:
Arrived BKK yesterday (22 March) around 2:30PM. I had booked premium pick-up with BFS, so an agent was already waiting. The premium counter was a breeze, but I when I saw the main pax counters, I was stunned. There was no one waiting in line save for 10 or so pax.

When I arrived at the same time back in Feb, the wait was absolutely horrendous. Have they really fixed this? I am not sure, but if so, I am really amazed.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Another little update:
Arrived BKK yesterday (22 March) around 2:30PM. I had booked premium pick-up with BFS, so an agent was already waiting. The premium counter was a breeze, but I when I saw the main pax counters, I was stunned. There was no one waiting in line save for 10 or so pax.

When I arrived at the same time back in Feb, the wait was absolutely horrendous. Have they really fixed this? I am not sure, but if so, I am really amazed.
Well my friend is in Kho Samui now and says it is very quiet. So, either the tourist season is already over or people have opted to avoid Thailand because of the Immigration chaos. I doubt a solution would have been found so rapidly.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Since the thread does not speicify BKK, let me continue on my HKT immigration problems.
I flew on TG from HKG to HKT a week ago and arrived around 11:40. A KA flight took off and arrived just before us, as well as two flights from Saint Petersburg and Moscow. Flying in J bit no fast-track at HKT. The immigration line started at the top of the stairs at the arrival gate level. The down escalator was turned off because of the crowd. Once you reach downstairs, there were several immigration counters open but a few empty ones. It took us close to an hour to clear immigration. Retrieving the bags was another problem, as they all had been stored on the ground "somewhere". Took another ten minutes to find bags and golf bags scattered in the airport.
And as some posters pointed out, Phuket is very quiet at the moment with few tourists.
Not a decent way to spend a long week end. Will choose another destination next time.
BTW, the A330 used had very nice biz seats. Almost like longhaul seats except that the foot cushion did not go very high. Good AVOD.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
...so should I expect lengthy delays transitting MEL-BKK-KBV early morning? We're travelling in business but is there any sort of fast track for passengers with domestic connections?
Well, we had no issues at all.

TG462 arrived about 30mins early from MEL...walked past the main immigration area at about 0530 and all was pretty quiet. Very small queue for domestic transfer check and into the domestic lounge in no time.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
On my way out to PNH on the 13th, it took probably 45min-1hour to get through regular immigration. Coming back yesterday from VTE there were 3 people ahead of me at fast track immigration but once a few other flights landed the lines filled in pretty heavily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.