Wiki Posts
Search

Any Chance BNE-BKK F to be resumed ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
Any Chance BNE-BKK F to be resumed ?

As Thai have removed and reinstated F class service on the BNE-BKK route a few times over the last few years,even via SYD. I just wondered if anyone has an insight into wheather they will reinstate again at any time in the future.

Maybe some of the ROP members based in Australia might know or can find out we their special contacts.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by bkkman

their special contacts.

Ah ha, the special contacts that they give to us, Thai Important Passengers, let me see, no, they say, no more First for Auckland or Brisbane. This is not good as it was well patronised by the Important People from the South mainly because we dislike the transfer from domestic to International @ Sydney

Doesn't seem fair, we struggle for years to get parity with the American dollar, now we have it, they pull First out of Brissie.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
I think you may be interested in a telephone conversation I had yesterday with Thai. Furthermore, if I interpret the acarsd data correctly, then I'm led to believe the planes are already deployed on BKK-SYD.

HS-TNA
HS-TNB
HS-TNC

TG664 is BKK-PVG which had first-class service until recently. TG478 is BKK-SYD.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 8:10 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
even via SYD.
We want BNE to stay as it is now: NON-STOP and with 2-2-2 B777 Business Class config. We do not want this insane SYD stopover en route Once the Koru Club refurbishment is finished, I am looking forward to a better experience with TG ex BNE; non-stop, acceptable lie-flat seats, decent lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by L4ibsch
I think you may be interested in a telephone conversation I had yesterday with Thai. Furthermore, if I interpret the acarsd data correctly, then I'm led to believe the planes are already deployed on BKK-SYD.

HS-TNA
HS-TNB
HS-TNC

TG664 is BKK-PVG which had first-class service until recently. TG478 is BKK-SYD.
I'm bit confused now... Wasn't OP about BNE? Didn't SYD have F class back for some time now?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I'm bit confused now... Wasn't OP about BNE? Didn't SYD have F class back for some time now?
Thanks, yes I am aware that SYD operates First, I just dont fancy an extra paid flight or 1,000 km drive !!

I understand that pasengers ex syd would not like this though.

Thanks BKKROP, yes having used SYD, LHR, CDG and many othger big airports, BNE has to be one of the best and easiest airports to transfer through or arrive/depart.

If you hear anything new please advise.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: VA Platinum, ROP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
What equipment are TG using on BNE these days - 200ER's or 300's?

Or should I say, which is the more consistent!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Thanks, yes I am aware that SYD operates First, I just dont fancy an extra paid flight or 1,000 km drive !!
bkkman, I was not confused about your post - I understand that you would like to have F ex BNE without backtracking to SYD or SYD people having to endure stop in BNE... Yes, I personally would hate that too...

I was confused why L4ibsch responded to your OP by telling us that there are 346 a/c on SYD-BKK route and that it is F... IMHO, they have been there for some time now and F has been back there even longer...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

My interest is simple as I have an biz class award ticket to BNE for Songkran holidays here in Thailand which I can upgrade to F if F service becomes available on that route.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: VA, QF and a few others
Speaking of transferring in SYD, I am doing exactly that in February as I want to try Thai F. Just about to book my (paid ) flight from MEL and wondering how long I should give myself to transfer from domestic to the international having never done it before. Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:51 pm

Hi Rog, You are in First, so you are able to take it easy. I allow one hour just for the transfer, you have to pick up bags, buy a rail ticket, go underground, wait for train etc, seems to fill close to 45 minutes. The immigration and customs at SYD is spread out, takes longer than MEL so one hour before departing seems the outside to check in. So... ensure you arrive in SYD, at least 2 hours before departure or arrive earlier and relax in the lounge. TG use the ANZ lounge in SYD, pleasant, comfortable but nothing that will excite you to stay any longer than necessary. The 346 is a lovely flight, enjoy
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:43 pm

Bit OT: How good/bad is actually C seating on 346? I am having SYD-BKK booked for late May...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: VA, QF and a few others
Originally Posted by BKKROP
The 346 is a lovely flight, enjoy
Thanks BKKROP. I am indeed looking forward to this flight. Never been on the 346 before, I hear (and read) they are great. Any particular seat suggestion you have?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Bit OT: How good/bad is actually C seating on 346? I am having SYD-BKK booked for late May...
Hi vbroucek & Rog. I have always liked the 346, we had it in MEL "in the old days", and of late have used it out of BNE/SYD, so I imagine it is starting to date, but like the 747s , they just feel so comfortable. I used to prefer row 16 in the section immediately behind F, it was away from the flapping curtain between First, 3/4 seats back, yet close to the toilet just a couple of rows back. After numerous flights we decided we preferred the centre, as both of us had access to an aisle, and on an overnight flight, meant not waking the other up. In the end, it is a personal choice, the only chair I disliked was the first row on the aisle in both sections.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
TG is offering f-Class onl on (some) of iths B744 and on A340-600.
as long as the A340 wont fly into BNE you wont see f-class compartment come back to you! All B777 haev been equipped without F-compartment (apart form the 9W-leased on CDG-NRT-routes - a real exception!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.