Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Regional Business

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2010, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum, AA Citi Executive
Thai Regional Business

Mrs. Trizzil and I will be flying on a J reward on the following routes: DPS-BKK, BKK-HKT, and HKT-HKG. What can we expect/look forward too (meals, service, etc...)? Our BKK-HKT is scheduled for a 747. We have no status. Is there anything we can do to get a seat in the F section? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I did the BKK-HKT-BKK in business a few years back both on a 744 with first class seats. On the flight to HKT they didn't open the first class cabin. On the way back they did and our business seats became first class. I don't know they chose us to be in first because I don't have any status and there were lots of other passengers in the business section too. I think I checked in online very early or checked the seats online and saw that my flight that was supposed to be on a 773 was changed to a 744. It was awesome even if it was for a little over an hour. I think it was just luck of the draw.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by trizzil
Mrs. Trizzil and I will be flying on a J reward on the following routes: DPS-BKK, BKK-HKT, and HKT-HKG.
Domestic flights: hot meal, no booze if it bothers you (no booze in the Domestic lounge, either).

Regional flights: full meal (nuts and drinks, appetizer and salad, main course, cheese plate, dessert and coffee). You may also refer to the bottom of post #2 in my trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-first-tr.html
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by trizzil
Is there anything we can do to get a seat in the F section? Thanks in advance.
Arriving early for check in and asking for them, seems to work as well as all our gimmicks. The C cabin is spacious and quiet, the main plus for international travellers is the increase in baggage allowance and when you are on the move, you don't need a problem there, have a good flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.