Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK-LHR F Cabin: Seatmap shows full, then only 1 pax flies!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL

Had a really weird experience yesterday.

Booked a P class ticket LHR-BKK-LHR a week before departure, when I selected seats, there were two seats available on both outbound and inbound (BKK-LHR on the overnight flight, TG 910).

When I got to check-in and told the agent I was going to LHR she said "Oh, I think there's only one pax to LHR today".

Sure enough, once I got on board, was just me in 1A. The whole rest of the cabin was empty.

Obviously I had a great flight, but am bemused about what happened: the F cabin was pretty fully booked, yet everyone cancelled?!? Also the overnight flight to LHR is the one I'd expect to have the highest loads in F.

Any ideas what happened?

Alex
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
yup its called seat blocking. never rely on seat maps to be accurate when you step on board
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by dazz81
yup its called seat blocking. never rely on seat maps to be accurate when you step on board
Isn't it that in F only 3E/F (and possibly K) are blocked?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:36 am

The Friends of Thai who had blocked out the F cabin must have changed their flights / minds.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Mind you , the opposite also happens frequently .
How many times did I check in online a few hours before the flight, with an almost empty seat map on TG's website, only to end up with a full cabin .
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by view
The Friends of Thai who had blocked out the F cabin must have changed their flights / minds.
That's my guess.

Originally Posted by pansted00
Mind you , the opposite also happens frequently .
How many times did I check in online a few hours before the flight, with an almost empty seat map on TG's website, only to end up with a full cabin .
Now we know which flights the Friends of Thai took--yours.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
What makes it (for me) even stranger was that my flight from LHR to BKK was completely full...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.