Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlisted Redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Waitlisted Redemptions

I'm trying to book two C seats on TG960 (BKK-ARN), using my BD miles.

It's showing up as available in ANA, but when BD try to confirm the seats, they're coming back waitlisted, so won't make the booking for me.

I've been trying to book the same flight now for about 3 weeks.

It's not something I've come across before. Usually if ANA has them, they're bookable.

Is this something usual? Is there a point when TG will actually confirm the seats, and it's worth me persisting?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I imagine it is within the next 30 days. If TG has requested waitlist status, it has the understanding that the flight will clear. I would make the booking. To clarify, if you post the date, someone may be able to give you loading. Personally I would phone Bangkok and get a clearance.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

It's 07-DEC, so some way out.

BD won't make a waitlisted award booking, only one that TG will confirm. I asked BD's call centre to put a call through to TG to see what's going on, but they wouldn't/couldn't do that.

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Etihad Gold Elite, FB Platinum, CX Marco Polo Gold, Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold
Hi

As i know some of the people in Thai Office in the Nordic, they told due to a strong Dec month ticketing, they have now hold the awards seats. This winter has been unsual strong demand even in the early Dec month both ways. If u dont mind BKK-OSL is having seats avail. they r using A345 A/C .

Good Luck
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

That's really helpful, thank you.

I guess they're just trying to make sure they can fill the plane with redemptions, even if they leave it really late. It's a shame BD won't handle waitlists.

Thanks for the tip on OSL. I'll try booking that tomorrow, and I hope that won't be waitlisted as well...
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Just to say that I successfully booked onto TG954, so big thanks for the tip off....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.