Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-BKK #795 Meals?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
LAX-BKK #795 Meals?

I am flying this flight in Business Class. It leaves around 11:20 PM. Is here a full dinner served upon takeoff? Any other meals besides a breakfast before landing?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
It's a three meal flight . . . dinner after take off, a second dinner/lunch type meal mid-flight, and then a breakfast before landing.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I just took this flight on Friday... it's actually dinner after takeoff, breakfast mid-flight, and lunch prior to arrival. Service was very efficient so those who want to dine and sleep had no problem doing so.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by techgirl
Service was very efficient so those who want to dine and sleep had no problem doing so.
There's been a lot of discussion regarding the service level LAX-BKK being of poorer quality versus the BKK-LAX flight. What was your overall experience (if you don't mind sharing)?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by wolf539
There's been a lot of discussion regarding the service level LAX-BKK being of poorer quality versus the BKK-LAX flight. What was your overall experience (if you don't mind sharing)?
I recently flew both flights.

On LAX-BKK, I skipped the first meal, as it was late and I wanted to sleep. Partook in the other two meals. Service was excellent all around. Attentive crew, etc, etc.

Plane left about an hour late, but we still arrived in BKK almost a full hour early. Tail winds.

On BKK-LAX, there were two meals. The first was a formal dinner. The second was a light dinner. Overall the service on this flight was not nearly as good as the LAX-BKK flight. Crew somewhat invisible and seemed to be rushed and didn't provide as polished an experience.

There were some VIPs on the flight, and boy they sure got the red carpet treatment in BKK (immigration, security and boarding). Got ahead of them in the immigration que at LAX and they were shuttled off to the side for processing. I think they were from the health ministry, or something like that.

Baggage took a long time to arrive. All of the FAs luggage came off first.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by jkingsle
On LAX-BKK... Service was excellent all around. Attentive crew, etc, etc.

On BKK-LAX... Crew somewhat invisible and seemed to be rushed and didn't provide as polished an experience.
Thanks for the update!

Interesting; exactly the opposite of what's been reported here recently. However I would be willing to bet that even though the service on the BKK-LAX leg wasn't quite as good, it was still superior to any US legacy carrier flying TPAC.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Thanks for the update!

Interesting; exactly the opposite of what's been reported here recently. However I would be willing to bet that even though the service on the BKK-LAX leg wasn't quite as good, it was still superior to any US legacy carrier flying TPAC.
Yes... No question better than any US carrier flying TPAC.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I'm taking the BKK-LAX return tonight so I'll be in a better position to comment after that.

I'll say that the service was efficient but not of the level I'd expect on SQ or CX transpacific. Seemed closer to US-based.

Crew did not seem to be coordinated with each other - I was in the center section and was passed over for a drink on the second meal. I asked for a drink and it seemed to disrupt their flow to have to go get me one now that I was "out of order" (never mind I had been skipped!) and yet the gentleman with the bread basket made four (maybe five?!) visits to try to give me more bread in the time I waited for a simple beverage (water!) Crew all but completely vanished between meal services - to get a beverage in between I had to ring my call light.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:40 pm

[QUOTE=techgirl;14595448]I'm taking the BKK-LAX return tonight so I'll be in a better position to comment after that.[QUOTE]

What are the odds...?

I'm currently at LAX (long connection from ORD) waiting for my LAX-BKK flight... I'll do a quick report when I get back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.