Search

TG F lounge access 12 hours later?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

TG F lounge access 12 hours later?

Hello,

This is an odd question but here goes:

We are arriving from Zurich in F into Bangkok at 6:00 AM and have a connection in C class at 10:30 PM that same evening to Colombo.

Will we be permitted to use the F lounge later in the day if we show our F boarding passes from arrival that morning, if the outbound in the evening (same day) is C class? Our plan is to go to the airport hotel and sleep upon arrival, then go to the airport at 7 PM for the 10:30 PM flight.

Also, will a buggy be waiting for us in BKK at our 6 AM arrival to take us to the lounge then, since we have a connection? Are massages available in the morning in the lounge? We could do that before going to the hotel if possible.

Does anyone know any answers?
Thank-You in advance!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Recent threads on this topic have stated that if you are arriving on TG First and departing on TG Business they a giving access to the Lounge and Spa. On a recent trip, I was unable to get the full service, but as it turned out, I was happy with a neck and shoulder rub anyway. The Spa will be open when you arrive should you wish to use it then.

The TG ground staff will meet you at the aircraft door, and quickly get you through immigration, collect your baggage and arrange transport for you to the hotel.

The Europe to Thailand flights in First are very relaxing, you are on A346 and the seats do make for a comfortable bed. You should be assured of a good 8 hours sleep.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKROP
Recent threads on this topic have stated that if you are arriving on TG First and departing on TG Business they a giving access to the Lounge and Spa. On a recent trip, I was unable to get the full service, but as it turned out, I was happy with a neck and shoulder rub anyway. The Spa will be open when you arrive should you wish to use it then.

The TG ground staff will meet you at the aircraft door, and quickly get you through immigration, collect your baggage and arrange transport for you to the hotel.

The Europe to Thailand flights in First are very relaxing, you are on A346 and the seats do make for a comfortable bed. You should be assured of a good 8 hours sleep.
Thanks for the response, BKKROP.

If we want to go to the lounge for a massage before going to the hotel, do we simply ask to be taken there?

The big question is whether or not they'll give us access that evening since we arrived in F that morning.

We just did TPE-BKK in C and BKK-FRA in F (basically the reverse of our upcoming situation going from F to C), and they met us at our C class flight and took us to the lounge. It was lovely, including a massage and a 15 minute jacuzzi bath.

There were only 4 of us in F on that flight, and the service was really excellent from start to finish.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
No problem in using the F lounge later if you arrive in the morning on F and continue that night in C, or even Y. I did that myself on my most recent TG F flight arriving into Bangkok. I let the buggy take me to the F lounge first to freshen up, then told the staff I wanted to go out for a while and would return, which I did. I don't know about the spa situation in this case as I chose that time to not use it. If you want to use the F lounge later, they will give you a F lounge card to show when you're ready.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.