Wiki Posts
Search

More Lousy Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai
More Lousy Service

Thai has been saying they want to upgrade their service. I find it actually getting worse. I flew last week from LA to BKK in Business Class. They no longer have nice blankets or pillows, just the same crap they use in Economy. The power outlet in my seat didn't work. The food was luke warm... not even heated properly. They had no towels in the restroom, only tissue paper. I was using miles for an upgrade. If I had paid full price I would have been really ticked off.

If I have to pay for business myself, I will fly EVA which has nicer seats, Big comforter style blankets and large pillows and better food.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Cameron38
. If I had paid full price I would have been really ticked off.

I would have been able to sort out all the other problems on board but if there is one thing that would tick me off is using tissues in the toilet. Throughout most of Asia when we are sourcing product, all of us have to carry boxes of tissues and it is the one part of travelling I am unable to master. Sorry to read about your misfortune, Cameron, I agree EVA is a nice airline
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:45 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Different things annoy different people. I can handle a paper towel, but would prefer cloth. Faulty seat can be infuriating (I once flew F on UA back in the day and the leg-rest on the seat wouldn't raise) and no seat power is crippling if you need to work on a 15 hour flight.

The issue of the tiny, cheap economy blankets and pillows is frustrating. My advice is to make requests for additional blankets and pillows as soon as you get on board (before they run out).

I also believe in writing with feedback when experiences are especially good or especially bad. Sounds like you should document your experiences with a letter to the new President. Maybe you'll get the standard "thanks for your feedback and have a nice day" response... but just maybe your letter will hit the desk of someone who takes customer feedback seriously.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: EK Silver, LH SEN, CX Gold, UA 2P, DJ Silver, Sixt Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sadly I can confirm this experience which was the reason to stop flying TG.
They can do better but it seems that they just can't be bothered therefore one's gotta make use of the best customer weapon and that's bringing your money somewhere else. And I think reward flights shouldn't be treated or deemed to be different. You paid for the flight by flying a couple of times to rack up the miles...If you get reward gallons of fuel that stuff gotta be just as good as the paid one.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Wome
Sadly I can confirm this experience which was the reason to stop flying TG.
We have all been there, but in Australia there are only so many airlines flying this route, after a while they all stuff up something, or do something stupid, then we move onto the next one and before long we are back where we started from again. I share my business between Garuda, Singapore, and Cathay. I got annoyed with TG last year and moved for a while, in my opinion they are all the same, sooner or later they are going to upset you. It is easier if we change, because they are not going to
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
The blanket issue is one that really is very stupid on the part of TG. You already get some of the same food as economy, now its the same blankets.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:25 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dazz81
The blanket issue is one that really is very stupid on the part of TG. You already get some of the same food as economy, now its the same blankets.
I agree. You now even get the same ( or very similar) piece of crap of a blanket in F ...
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:32 am

Programs: EK Silver, LH SEN, CX Gold, UA 2P, DJ Silver, Sixt Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BKKROP
We have all been there, but in Australia there are only so many airlines flying this route, after a while they all stuff up something, or do something stupid, then we move onto the next one and before long we are back where we started from again. I share my business between Garuda, Singapore, and Cathay. I got annoyed with TG last year and moved for a while, in my opinion they are all the same, sooner or later they are going to upset you. It is easier if we change, because they are not going to
Know what you mean but I'm currently happy with EK because SYD can be done directly from DXB which is one of the best connections to Europe and they also offer SYD-BKK and are a lot better on that route than TG.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Wome
Know what you mean but I'm currently happy with EK because SYD can be done directly from DXB which is one of the best connections to Europe and they also offer SYD-BKK and are a lot better on that route than TG.
In J or Y?

In Y Thai A340 or 777 far outshines EK with 10 abreast on the EK 777s (hideous configuration in my opinion). Also, the meal service is better on TG. on EK for the 2nd meal they hand out a wrapped up sandwich, nothing else. thats how it was when i tried it last anyway, on syd/bkk.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:15 am

Good point. I flew the LAX-BKK route about three months ago in J and agree with OP, my experience was the same and it was really disappointing. However, when I flew in Y BKK-MNL I was impressed when comparing TG's Y service (hard and soft product) to the competition. Of course, this doesn't speak well to TG's future profitability since the front of the cabin is where the money is.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by pansted00
You now even get the same ( or very similar) piece of crap of a blanket in F ...
True, but who needs a half-inch thick blanket in a sauna anyway ?

F.R.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Good point. I flew the LAX-BKK route about three months ago in J and agree with OP, my experience was the same and it was really disappointing. However, when I flew in Y BKK-MNL I was impressed when comparing TG's Y service (hard and soft product) to the competition. Of course, this doesn't speak well to TG's future profitability since the front of the cabin is where the money is.
What you have written makes perfect sense, except in Lalaland, otherwise known as Thailand.
The front of the cabin, especially the F cabin, is not where TG makes its money. Most F class passengers on TG never pay an F,P or even an A fare .... If you are not Thai, do not even dare ask me how they do it ( just kidding...).
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by pansted00
The front of the cabin, especially the F cabin, is not where TG makes its money. Most F class passengers on TG never pay an F,P or even an A fare ....
I had the very same thought. Who - especially on TG - could be paying for F?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:37 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
From what I heard the removal of the towel was because of clogged toilets. It happens too frequently due to passengers flushing down the towels. On my recent trip from HKG, half of the lavs on the A330-300 were inop due to clogged pipe. It was not a good thing to happen mid-flight. That's just what I heard, not the official word.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by spk
From what I heard the removal of the towel was because of clogged toilets. It happens too frequently due to passengers flushing down the towels.
I've heard of this happening, and I find it ridiculous. Do these same people flush cloth towels down the toilet in their own home? If no, then why on an airplane?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.