Wiki Posts
Search

More Lousy Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by planr
Those are hardly things to complain about. It's just further proof that flying the "national" carrier means you take a piece of the culture with you everywhere you go! TIT!
Hardly worth complaining to TG, however reasonable enough to post on a thread discussing lousy service.

And TIT is an inane statement.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Most of my TG flights have been fine, but seldom they are long hauls.

On a flight back to BKK from HKG last year in C my better half asked for mama noodles instead of the breakfast they were serving. The response was 'we only have those on big planes'. We were on a 772.

Same flight, I was recovering from food poisoning, and asked for a ginger ale. 5 minutes later I asked again and was told 'someone is getting it.' 5 minutes later the third inquiry was met with 'oh, we don't have any.'
Thai Airways, when they mess up, mess up really good. we were told off for asking our meal selection, about which they had made a mistake. The Cabin Services Director (or whatever they call them on TG) was unapologetic and aggressively defending their mistake.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai
As to why we continue to fly Thai when the service is inconsistant... because they are the only Non-stop flight from LA to BKK. That makes up for alot of evil..

I must say my return flight from BKK to LAX in PE was much better than the flight over in Business. The food was better and the service was better. PE continues to be a good buy with tons of leg room at very little cost increase over economy. Important if you are on the tall side like me. Too bad the seats don't have abit more recline to make sleeping easier. I'm one of those that can't sleep sitting up.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by Cameron38
As to why we continue to fly Thai when the service is inconsistant... because they are the only Non-stop flight from LA to BKK. That makes up for alot of evil..

I must say my return flight from BKK to LAX in PE was much better than the flight over in Business.
Interesting; I'm flying exactly the same itinerary next month. Outbound in Business and return in PE. Hopefully I'll get a happy/motivated crew on the outbound, but I plan getting at least 8 hours of sleep so I shouldn't be too hard to please.

As to the quality of the service and food & beverage offerings; I would hope it's still head and shoulders above any of the US legacy carriers first class product.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Cameron38

I must say my return flight from BKK to LAX in PE was much better than the flight over in Business. The food was better and the service was better. PE continues to be a good buy with tons of leg room at very little cost increase over economy. Important if you are on the tall side like me. Too bad the seats don't have abit more recline to make sleeping easier. I'm one of those that can't sleep sitting up.
Yes, the nonstop is the biggest attraction. Since mid-May, I've flown two round-trips on this flight from BKK-LAX and return LAX-BKK. First RT in Royal Silk, second RT in Premium Economy. I've also flown this flight (in Biz) at least once in each of the past two years. I find service and food quality to consistently be superior on the BKK-LAX flight, and falls off on the Asia-bound direction. This squares with the above observation.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by G_G
Because it's not their home nor their cloth towel ; they really don't care
Which is in general, vile behaviour... But it happens, unfortunately.

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Rampo
I had the very same thought. Who - especially on TG - could be paying for F?
Royals... paid for by the public.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, EK Skywards, Hilton Hhonors. No Mucci, but have a far more useful Gucci (wallet).
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Some official in Thailand told me that the Royals travelled by their own plane. Was he right?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: Thai Airways - Star Alliance Silver
Originally Posted by WhitePlains
Some official in Thailand told me that the Royals travelled by their own plane. Was he right?
Within Thailand and the SE Asia region they will often travel on private jet/helicopter. I believe the prime minister office has a medium-range jet that is sometimes utilized by the Royal family. On long-haul routes where TG operate, the Royal will travel in the highest cabin class available. Otherwise they'll travel on foreign airlines in the highest cabin class available.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I suspect that the royals are far outnumbered by MPs, their wives and families, and HiSos.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by WhitePlains
WhitePlains, you are so correct, and thanks for posting. The Thai government and the Royal family have their own fleet of VIP planes and they are superb. Commonsense does not prevail in this discussion, it is the same group who continually say how "lousy" TG is who then turn completely around and say that all these billionaires fly on TG.

I say, "get real" to them. There are airlines who cater for the rich and famous, and as much as I enjoy their service, TG is not one of them.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:01 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
The Royal Thai Air Force and Army has VIP fleets including Boeing 737-800BBJ, Airbus A319CJ, ERJ 135LR, ATR72-500 and older private jets. Some of them are very nice (BBJ and A319CJ) and truly VIP--much better than TG F class.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
No doubt that the high-ranking ministers and Royal family can occasionally use a private jet for regional travel. Unfortunately the number of TIPs appear very large and probably includes not only MPs but military, staff of the government (and of Royals), etc... and their family. And for all those, paying next to nothing to fly in TG F or J is a perk that even rich people would enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.