Search

First lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
First lounge access

Hi,
I will be arriving to BKK fromIST TK first class and connecting to SIN in biz. Will I be able to access the first class lounge with my boarding pass from my completed First class flight, or will I only have access to the business class lounges?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I think you should expect only access to the Biz (Royal Silk) lounge(s), but stop by the F lounge and try to enter if you wish.

Whether or not you gain access, you certainly won't have access to the 30 min massage in at the Spa (for TG biz/F pax and must be departing on TG metal).

If turned away from the F lounge, do consider camping out at the SQ Lounge - better offering IMHO, although there is not a toilet inside....

Cheers, TK
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
sorry, I meant to say I am connecting to Thai in biz class. If that makes a difference to the access question.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Access to the Thai business class lounge is available. Sometimes if the lounges are full and you arrive on TG First they will spread the load and access you into the F lounge. It happens yet not too often
Old Jul 10, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by triptastic
sorry, I meant to say I am connecting to Thai in biz class. If that makes a difference to the access question.
You still will be very unlikely to gain access to the THAI F lounge on arrival off your TK flight.

Your onward flight on TG in biz will gain you access to the main Concourse D THAI Royal Silk lounge, and to the THAI Spa for a 30 min foot or head/shoulders massage (but not the full 1 hour spa treatment - F only).
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Related question - sorry if this has been asked and answered before; I just haven't been able to find it...

Is the Royal First lounge only for those passengers in F on TG metal - i.e. if you were departing BKK in first class on another carrier, to which lounges would you have access?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by mwg25

Is the Royal First lounge only for those passengers in F on TG metal - i.e. if you were departing BKK in first class on another carrier, to which lounges would you have access?
F pax on other *A carriers are granted access to the TG F lounge...minus the spa services.

Can't speak for non *A F pax.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Non *A F pax have no right of access to THAI F lounge.

That said, I've had no trouble hosting a colleague into the F lounge when he was on QF C. This was around 4 years ago, and I suspect that this kind of flexibility has declined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.