Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interline HKT-BKK-HEL-ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Interline HKT-BKK-HEL-ARN

Flying Thai airways from Phuket to Bangkok and then Finnair all the way to Stockholm, can we check in all the way to ARN even they are on two different booking codes. As wife pregnant and have a 2 years old child with us.

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi azad, welcome to the board.
A pregnant wife and a two year old, that is going to be one long trip, and you are going to have to check in at Bangkok.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Hello,

Thai Airways has the capability of tagging your bags right through to your final destination on Finnair, however YMMV depending on the checkin person.

During check-in at Phuket, show them your onward travel confirmation (e-ticket) with AY. Hopefully you get a competent check-in person who will then tag the bag right through, so you won't see the bags until you get back to europe. They will give you a baggage receipt. When you arrive at BKK you will need to go to the Finnair check-in counter and pick up your boarding passes, showing them the baggage receipt you got in Phuket which they can then add to your booking. Once you have collected your boarding pass you can proceed through passport control.

have a nice trip
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for both replies

My kid, have been flying six times already and she is ok with that.

Hopefully we get a competent staff at Phuket airport and will do as you mentioned. According to planned arrival and departure, we do arrive at 22.15 and depart to Europe at 00.15 so there should be enough time to passport control and so and as my wife is Thai, they do have a special track for them at passport control that is much faster than the normal one
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
They have a separate lane for Thai citizens, but not necessarily faster! Just depends on the queues (maybe busy if many Thai students/businesspeople, maye not...).

Often with family you can all go together and get 'special treatment' - try to catch the eye of senior immigration officer (4 gold rings) and smile plaintively...!

Cheers, TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.