Smile Rumours: Platinum ROP

From hflight.net

TG plans to launch "Platinum ROP".

condition : 100,000 qualify miles in 1 calendar year

benefits;
- + 40 kg baggage allowance
- 5 years *A Gold
- 1 nominee ROP/*A Gold
- main card and nominee card can invite 1 guest/card.
- upgrade 2 times/year and nominee card holder can upgrade 1 time/year
etc.

Sorry for my poor English so if you can read Thai, please translate and publish it.

Last edited by joy16; Jun 2, 2010 at 10:15 am Reason: Changed condition from 100,000 miles/year to 100,000 miles in a year.
Old May 31, 2010, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by joy16
From hflight.net

condition : 100,000 qualify miles/calendar year

benefits;
- 5 years *A Gold
- 1 nominee ROP/*A Gold
etc.

Sorry for my poor Enlish so if you can read Thai, please translate and publish it.
Joy 16 ,

Thank you for the link .
I hope it's more than a rumour .
From the Thai board I also see first class lounge access when flying C .
Can you confirm.
Anyone whose Thai is better than mine, please translate the thread.
Old May 31, 2010, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by pansted00
From the Thai board I also see first class lounge access when flying C .
Can you confirm.

It's a suggestion from the reader.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Every survey they have ever sent lately, suggests they are thinking about this, and FWIW, i reply that luggage is of little consequence for FF as most of us travel without it. Checkin at the Firstclass lounge regardless of class of travel would be a benefit, as would permanent access to the First lounge and the spa. This would benefit FF who prefer the smaller cabin, but on their regular flights, only business is offered. Reintroduction of the limos. Maybe we did abuse the system when we had them, but it was a lovely way to start and finish the flights.2 upgrades a year are fine, they are a little like suite upgrades at hotels, I am always at odds at how/when to use them, unless I am on my own. Whilst it is difficult to use your miles and still accumulate 100000+, heavy users of Thai should be offered what we already get now through AC and BD. I am not a believer of putting all your eggs in the one basket, at least this way we could limit our programs to 1 OW and ! Star alliance. If Thai seriously wants to keep their members happy, they have to be proactive in looking after our staff and our famillies, by suggesting to the card holder shopping holidays, quick weekends away and the likes. They have to understand that whilst we are away from home, we need good communication, good hotels, good food and hassle free flying. Finally I always suggest that all FFs get the style of personal service, one on one, that is offered to us downunder, personal accounts, fast track waitlisting, *A connecting flights and protected seating and aircraft choice. They have been using over May/June/July, but otherwise haven't used it for a while, but I am a sucker for double mileage, I quack into this everytime.

Last edited by BKKROP; Jun 1, 2010 at 12:04 am
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:39 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
This is great news if true!! ROP*P?

Originally Posted by BKKROP
If Thai seriously wants to keep their members happy, they have to be proactive ... by suggesting ... shopping holidays, quick weekends away and the likes. They have to understand that whilst we are away from home, we need good communication, good hotels, good food and hassle free flying. Finally ... personal service, one on one, ... personal accounts, fast track waitlisting, *A connecting flights and protected seating and aircraft choice.
Couldn't agree more. It's about attentive, friendly service and just being "taken care of". "Smooth as silk" in the air, and before, and after and when you're least expecting it.

Frankly, I love the idea of a call mid-week with someone saying: "We've got spare Royal Silk seats MEL/BKK/wherever this Friday night, returning Monday evening. We can book you into the XYZ Hotel and you can have 2 days in BKK/Phuket/Hong Kong/Tokyo/Singapore etc for $X." This wouldn't be revenue raising for TG (they should price marginally/at cost). Instead it would be about a little treat for valued pax. TG can offer spare seats for almost zero (plus taxes) and affiliated hotels should come to the party with compelling room rates.

I also like the idea of local functions, invitations to events etc.

Certainly happy to give all my travel to one airline if I am looked after. But if the benefits stop when you get to 50,000 miles, why wouldn't you start booking miles to another program?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
From hflight.net

condition : 100,000 qualify miles/calendar year

benefits;
- 5 years *A Gold
- 1 nominee ROP/*A Gold
etc.

Sorry for my poor English so if you can read Thai, please translate and publish it.
That's a lot of perks for 100k miles (especially if they get F lounge access too). Much more than any other *A FFP offers their most FF's. I think they should still keep F spa for F-ticket holders only otherwise there will be too much demand and many paying F customers will be unable to get a massage before their flight (and afterall it is the F spa).

I can see many people currently with BD, OZ, UA etc. swapping over to TG for these benefits... 5years *G and nominee card look very attractive, particularly for families with children who want lounge access. Good job TG! Finally management has kicked their arses into gear and are trying to bring back TG's good reputation.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold
That does seem generous for 100k. Maybe they will only take into account miles flown on TG metal. This level would still count as gold on other *A schemes so they could do it that way.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:15 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
This rumor would be great, IF it were true. I have my doubts though.

5 year validity for gold, but they state 100,00 miles per year?

So, really, 100,000 miles in one of every five years?

and... my miles still expire after 2 years?

Boooo!

It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited by seanthepilot; Jun 2, 2010 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
[QUOTE=BKKROP;14054397]Every survey they have ever sent lately, suggests they are thinking about this, and FWIW, i reply that luggage is of little consequence for FF as most of us travel without it.

I for one gladly welcome the extra luggage allowance. Dont assume many of us dont need it ROP. MAny many FFs carry goods and samples that weigh a lot. The extra 40 kilo makes a hell of a difference for me. F lounge privelage would be nice especially for a Y traveller like me. Maybe some higher bonuses for premium cabin flights would be nice as well. Even so, I wonder how long it takes for rumour to become implementation??
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
SPK , you are the one with the insider info . Can you tell us if this is just a rumour or if TG is seriously considering introducing a Platinum tier in ROP ?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:25 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
I have absolutely no idea about this one. Sorry.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: TK*G, SAS EB Basic, CX MPC, KLM FB, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
That is truly great news, could be what makes me switch to TG FFP!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Interesting. Unfortunately I switched most of my flying to NH when they stopped their JFK flight. Bummer.

This does seem rather generous. Effectuively 3 GUPs, I'd say it might draw these that usually do OZ over just because of the long expiry. Maybe F lounge access iff flying C or better, and normal lounge access when flying Y/U might help to keep crowds down.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
Originally Posted by BarryJS
That does seem generous for 100k. Maybe they will only take into account miles flown on TG metal. This level would still count as gold on other *A schemes so they could do it that way.
I agree that this does seem very generous, but one thing to remember is that TG only give a maximum 150% milage accrual, whereas with other Star carriers, you can earn up to 300%

100,000 is much easier to earn on BD than it is on TG.

I for one would like to see them change the earning rates to give bonuses for TG Silver and Gold...

Cheers,
AB
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
From hflight.net

condition : 100,000 qualify miles in 1 calendar year

benefits;
- 5 years *A Gold
- 1 nominee ROP/*A Gold
etc.

Hi,
Your English is good enough. Better than my Thai. There is much detail in your post so I am wondering if you or anyone else on your Thai board knows when they will implement the new card. Will it include miles earned this year?? maybe invite some of your friends on the Thai board over to our board to share their inside knowledge of the new card and any other new hot details Thai may have.
Cheers!
Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.