Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Extended ROP Gold Status - when did your card arrive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

I am one of those lucky chaps who has had their ROP Gold status extended by 1 year, despite not flying enough to qualify.

My ROP Gold was due to expire 31 Dec 09, but now my online expiry is Dec 10. Only thing is, I have yet to receive a new Gold Card...

To anyone else who was extended, have you received your card yet? And if so, approx how long after your Gold status was due to finish?

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 10, 2010, 11:30 am

My ROP Gold was due to expire 31 AUG 09, and I think that I received my new card in early SEP 09 (sent to my Thailand address).

I think that you can use your expired card and inform THAI representatives that you do not get your new card yet. They should be able to check your current status without any problem.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 5:50 am

Hi Thai-Kiwi,

Mine was due to expire in NOV 09; new card was delivered to my Italian address sometime in December (later than the 5th, earlier than the 20th). Posted from Dubai.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks folks. I called THAI in Bangkok last night and was told that there were mailing problems mid-late Dec, and that my card should arrive by end of Jan.
No problem for me as I have no intl travel and am an NZ Koru Club member and if on Air Z have lounge access etc.

Cheers, TK.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
I also benefitted from the extension - my ROP Gold status expired in October. I was traveling from late November to just a few days ago, and didn't have my new card; several lounge attendants asked about this, and I just said I hadn't gotten the new one yet, and showed them the *G status on my boarding passes (I also had a print-out of my ROP account page, but didn't need to use it).

Upon my return to DAR a few days ago, my new card and tags were waiting for me. The postmark was smudged, but it looks like they were mailed out of Taipei on 26 November.

One question I have: does anyone know if the extended Gold status also includes a Gold Upgrade (GUP), or if the timeframe for the previous GUP is also extended? I didn't use my GUP during the last two-year period.

- michael
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
TG has always taken forever to get new cards to me. A time lag of 2 or more months isn't unusual.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I emailed ROP and received a reply within 48hrs, which I think is pretty good. I asked about when my card was sent, and if I had GUP remaining - I've used my usual GUP in Mar 09, and so was hoping unreasonably that an extra GUP might be loaded!

The reply:

Dear Mr.Thai-Kiwi,

Thank you for your email. We have forwarded your gold card by end of DEC2009. Kindly allow 4 to 6 weeks for your card to be delivered by post.

Please be informed that no Gold Upgrade left in your account.

Please note that no Gold Upgrade and Thershold bonus 5000 miles for Gold Status additional year.

The annual ROP Gold recognition: Gold Award 2010 is a
50 percent reduction on THAI round-trip award travel. Valid one-time only for
memberself or award nominee at any time throughout 2010.

All current Gold members will receive a special mailing by post detailing the award in JAN2010. Booking for the ROP Gold Award 2010 can be accepted from 1JAN2010 onwards.

For more information kindly contact our local THAI office where our staff are
ready to answer any queries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.