Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Overnighting At DFW Grand Hyatt - Where Should We Have Dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta

We're arriving into DFW tomorrow around 8 p.m. and connecting flight leaves next morning at 8 a.m. We're on AA and will be staying at Grand Hyatt. I'd like to have nice relaxing dinner. What's the dining room at Hyatt like? Or, is there a better alternative in the terminal? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by wintersummer
We're arriving into DFW tomorrow around 8 p.m. and connecting flight leaves next morning at 8 a.m. We're on AA and will be staying at Grand Hyatt. I'd like to have nice relaxing dinner. What's the dining room at Hyatt like? Or, is there a better alternative in the terminal? Thanks.
The restaurant at the Hyatt is decent but not special. I recomend it over the places in Terminal D.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
I would agree - the restaurant is known for its cheeseburgers and has decent drinks. Plus if you check into the hotel, you'd have to go through TSA again to go back into the Terminal.

If you're looking to head into town for dinner, someone more familiar with Dallas than myself might be of help!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
If you have a car, there are some decent restaurants in Las Colinas or Southlake Town Center. I know the Town Center better than Las Colinas, and it's only about a 10-15 minute drive from the airport. Mi Cocina has excellent Mexican food (upscale), and their sister restaurant, Taco Diner, is also very yummy.

If you can get off the airport property, I would. Otherwise, if you're just hungry and need dinner before bed, I'm sure the restaurant will be fine (albeit overpriced).

Probably off topic, but relevant for folks here, I have been having very good luck with Priceline at the Hyatt Regency DFW (not the Grand). Routinely getting it for mid-week overnight connections between $50 and $60.

Something to note.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:33 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As this is not really an AA-specific question (although AA does dominate DFW), we'll send this over to the South U.S. forum for more advice.

dstan

AA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:12 pm

So where did you eat, and how was it?

Arriving at 8 PM and overnighting at the airport, I'd guess 1) you didn't want to rent a car just to get dinner, and 2) after trudging luggage around airports, you didn't want to stay airside through dinner, and 3) after checking into the hotel, going through TSA again seemed like too much of a hassle.

So, how was the restaurant at the Grand Hyatt?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:17 pm

If you're looking for a decent, convenient meal, the restaurant at the Hyatt is pretty good. They have some delicious wings on their appetizer menu and a variety of sandwiches, burgers, etc as entrees.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
my response is pretty late, but just in case anyone else is looking for a decent place within a 10 minute taxi ride, I had a wonderful BBQ meal at Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell.

It's not fancy, but it's a great BBQ meal...way better than anything I've had here in So Cal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.