Local Calling and SIM Cards in Houston

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints

I am travelling to Houston this summer and would like to save on international 'phone call charges.

Is there anywhere I can buy a pre-paid SIM card (for GSM mobiles) which offers good call rates to the UK?

Alternatively, are there pre-paid calling cards which offer good value?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old May 5, 2009, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Don't think SIM cards are all that big in the States, but we do have a substancial population here from Latin America, so there are lots of different cards you can buy and use a land line. Any 7-Eleven or Mom and Pop convenience store will carry them, and I'm sure you can get a good deal on one for calling Europe.

Simple, just call an 800 number, then card access code and your phone number. They tend to charge more if you call from a phone booth - if you can find one these days.

Sorry, I use Skype, so can't offer a specific card.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.