Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dallas-Love Field Airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Dallas-Love Field Airport questions

Hi, I need to know from anybody recently returned from using the Dallas-Love Field airport to tell me if they were allowed to bring 3oz liquids in their carry-on luggage in the past 6 months?

When I check the website for the airport in question it says that they're on Orange alert and no liquids of any size were alowed in carry-on bags nor could you bring liquids from restuarants at the gate.

I'm going to be visiting Texas this month and flying out of Love Field airport and need to know if I need to decide to check my luggage or just dump all my 3-oz liquid items.

Please post comments before the 1st of April, thanksl
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:23 pm

You are allowed to take such liquids thru at DAL just like at all other US airports.

Website is probably out of date. I've done it within the last couple of months, many more will tell you more recent.

Thread will probably get moved to dining and travel/ south.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by russiandame
I'm going to be visiting Texas this month and flying out of Love Field airport and need to know if I need to decide to check my luggage or just dump all my 3-oz liquid items.
Don't dump your 3 oz. liquids, you can take them through security at DAL.

Oh, and enjoy your time in Texas.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the US South forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Mar 4, 2008, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by cordata
You are allowed to take such liquids thru at DAL just like at all other US airports.

Website is probably out of date. I've done it within the last couple of months, many more will tell you more recent.
Website's copyright is 2006. I e-mailed the webmaster since the information is so out of date.

All airports are supposed to follow the national TSA standards and should enforce any rules that are not implemented nationally.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Flying DAL-LAX on DL on a Sunday evening with a rental car to return. We will have check-in luggage.

When would be the latest I should get there? Try to eat at Terry Black BBQ before the flight.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Flying DAL-LAX on DL on a Sunday evening with a rental car to return. We will have check-in luggage.

When would be the latest I should get there? Try to eat at Terry Black BBQ before the flight.
DAL is usually pretty good. Depending on your risk tolerance, I'd say arrive at the bag drop an hour to an hour and a half before departure.

I have medium tolerance for risk, so I would probably arrive 90 minutes before departure.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
DAL is usually pretty good. Depending on your risk tolerance, I'd say arrive at the bag drop an hour to an hour and a half before departure.

I have medium tolerance for risk, so I would probably arrive 90 minutes before departure.
Thanks!

Is the rental car return center close to the terminals? How much time would you say I should allow to return my rental car?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:27 am

Just want to give a brief report.

The car rental return is very close to the terminal.

It took us 35 minutes from dropping off the car at the car rental facility to getting past the security checkpoint.
aztimm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.