Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tremont House in Texas

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 11:29 am
Original Poster

The Tremont House in Texas

My family and I currently live in San Diego, CA and we're looking to take a trip down to Texas over the summer. I've been doing research on hotels around the Galveston area, and I came across a neat historic hotel called the Tremont House. I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding this hotel - is it nice, and is it worth the price? There will be two small children with us, and I was wondering if there was anything we can do with them while we're there? Thanks in advance for your help!

Elise
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EliseM
My family and I currently live in San Diego, CA and we're looking to take a trip down to Texas over the summer. I've been doing research on hotels around the Galveston area, and I came across a neat historic hotel called the Tremont House. I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding this hotel - is it nice, and is it worth the price? There will be two small children with us, and I was wondering if there was anything we can do with them while we're there? Thanks in advance for your help!

Elise
It's a very nice hotel and in my opinion, worth the price. However, with children, there isn't much to do. The beach is basically a couple of blocks from the hotel but that area (The Strand) is known more for shopping.

Can I ask why Galveston? If you are wanting fun things to do with the kids, I would suggest Kemah and the boardwalk there.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
The San Luis, the Galvez or Moody Gardens would be more appropriate for kids - especially Moody. All have beach access.

Tremont is great for adults with nearby shopping, restaurants, historical.

Kemah boardwalk is owned by Landry's Restaurant chain but would be closer to Space Center Houston - which kids would enjoy - but not near any beaches.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:56 am

This seems to have rebranded to a Marriott property. Has anyone recently stayed here? Thanks

THE TREMONT HOUSE, GALVESTON, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.