Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer form C gates to E gates in IAH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Transfer form C gates to E gates in IAH

I have 65 minutes connection time, arriving from PDX to IAH in C terminal at 6:55 pm and departing to GIG (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) from E gates at 8:00 pm. I am considering walking rather than taking train from terminal C to D and walk to E, to save time. Is it possible to walk from Gate C45, the last gate in C terminal to Gate E1? If so, how long is the walk? Is it better to walk from C to E or take train? Thank you for any suggestions.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Very easy to make the walk. The United app has a feature that will show you the best route to take through the airport.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Very easy to make the walk. The United app has a feature that will show you the best route to take through the airport.
The United app shows. Path from C45 to E1 that requires taking train. That is not a good path and waste time. C45 and E1 are connected by a walkway. All I want to know is how long that walkway is. Does anyone here knows?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA
https://iahmaps.fly2houston.com/

C45 and E1 are adjacent. Should take you 2 minutes.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

I understand that. But question is are gates C45 and E1 connected by a walkway? The IAH interactive map shows a long path that requires backtracking to skyway train in terminal C, then train from C to D, and walk from D to E1, all taking 19 minutes. But the same interactive map shows a short walk path from Gate C45 to Gate C44. I just want you or someone on this formum confirm that one can indeed walk from C45 to E1. Thank you.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by jhaverbs
I understand that. But question is are gates C45 and E1 connected by a walkway? The IAH interactive map shows a long path that requires backtracking to skyway train in terminal C, then train from C to D, and walk from D to E1, all taking 19 minutes. But the same interactive map shows a short walk path from Gate C45 to Gate C44. I just want you or someone on this formum confirm that one can indeed walk from C45 to E1. Thank you.
One can indeed walk from C45 to E1 and it's a short walk.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you for confirming. Now I am relaxed.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Here's United's map for IAH:

C45 and E1 are adjacent and connected via walkway.

David
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks David. The map is very useful. I have printed it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.