Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Is San Antonio Airport economy parking closed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

The SAT airport website says the economy lots are "full" while valet parking is "temporarily closed." I'm finding it hard to believe that the economy lots are actually full; does anyone know if they are closed because of reduced COVID traffic?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The green lot (surface parking, shuttle required, $7 per 24 hours) is closed, presumably due to substantially decreased travel demand due to COVID. However, the garage -- which offers short-term (closer to the terminal, $25 per 24 hours) and long-term (a modest walk from the terminal through short-term, $10 per 24 hours) parking is open. I've parked in the long-term section of the garage three out of the last four weekends and there are plenty of spaces; I've found parking on the ground floor twice and only had to venture up to the second floor once.
aztimm and krazykanuck like this.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Oct 6, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.