Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best BBQ in/near DAL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I am not sure I agree. I rather liked Dylan's BBQ Saloon (closer to DAL but not too far from DFW). Ribs were good and so was the brisket. Excellent beer selection on tap.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:35 pm
SSO

Originally Posted by Herb687
Was there not too long ago for lunch while showing an airplane at KDAL. Unremarkable BBQ. I wouldn't go back unless time was of the essence.

Actually I think the bigger risk at Pecan Lodge is not the line but being out of food given OP's time window of 1240-1740. Pecan Lodge stays open all day on Friday and Saturday but when I have been there during odd hours for a very late lunch/very early dinner, they are often out of a lot of their food. New batches come off the smoker later for the traditional dinner hours crowd.

Suggestion to OP: give Pecan Lodge a call before you leave KDAL to head their way and make sure they have plenty of brisket left (I can almost guarantee they will be out of beef ribs).
Definitely Pecan Lodge but do call to check they still have food
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Hands down Lockhart Smokehouse BBQ 400 W Davis St
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Shrpchef

Hands down Lockhart Smokehouse BBQ 400 W Davis St
Having lived off 2 blocks from Davis for a few years MANY moons ago, I can assure anyone that is nowhere near DAL (and even further from DFW).

IIRC I did eat there (again MOONs ago), and IIRC the food was good, but not to the point where I would say it was memorable. Sonny Bryant's (not getting much love in this thread), ya, it was memorable.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper and I will be flying into DAL, then getting to Richardson. We're anticipating needing lunch before commencing our drive to PA. Any recommendations in Richardson, Garland, or even Plano?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
Mr. Kipper and I will be flying into DAL, then getting to Richardson. We're anticipating needing lunch before commencing our drive to PA. Any recommendations in Richardson, Garland, or even Plano?
If you don't mind a small detour right after leaving KDAL, I again recommend the original location of Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse. (not much of a web page).

If you are not ready to eat right then and there, you can take it to go.

Oh, another institution is Shiner Beer (yes, I see your sig line - but do not know the saying. Do you have original in Czech?).

I never ventured up north of Dallas proper during my Dallas days, so cannot recommend anything that far north, but I've reheated Sonny Bryan's before, and it was always good the second time around

Actually, when I think of it, Garland and Plano are not exactly in the same direction
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
If you don't mind a small detour right after leaving KDAL, I again recommend the original location of Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse. (not much of a web page).

If you are not ready to eat right then and there, you can take it to go.

Oh, another institution is Shiner Beer (yes, I see your sig line - but do not know the saying. Do you have original in Czech?).

I never ventured up north of Dallas proper during my Dallas days, so cannot recommend anything that far north, but I've reheated Sonny Bryan's before, and it was always good the second time around

Actually, when I think of it, Garland and Plano are not exactly in the same direction
We're flying in to buy a car, so someone from the dealership will be picking us up at DAL. I don't think we can make a detour. When we leave the dealership, we were going to take 190 to I-30, so Plano and Garland are both not too out of the way.

We are picking up a dog we are transporting in Greenville, TX, so recommendations there would be greatly appreciated as well.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by kipper
We're flying in to buy a car, so someone from the dealership will be picking us up at DAL. I don't think we can make a detour. When we leave the dealership, we were going to take 190 to I-30, so Plano and Garland are both not too out of the way.

We are picking up a dog we are transporting in Greenville, TX, so recommendations there would be greatly appreciated as well.
I thought Ten50 BBQ was decent. It's certainly convenient for you, on the US75 frontage road a little south of 190.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by swag
I thought Ten50 BBQ was decent. It's certainly convenient for you, on the US75 frontage road a little south of 190.
Thanks, although it was a little late, as we headed out of Greenville about 1:30 PM. Next time we do something crazy like this...

We stopped at Soulman's BBQ, which was pretty good. Cole slaw was so-so, but everything else was pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.