Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Pool Access at IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold
Hotel Pool Access at IAH?

I have a 6-hour mid-day layover at Houston Airport in early July. Perfect time to enjoy a hotel pool instead of yet another crappy domestic lounge.

Does anyone know if the airport hotel or nearby (free shuttle) hotels have day rates to access their outdoor pool?

I'd rather spend a few hours luxuriating in the heat of a Texas summer than hermetically sealed in the airport between long-haul flights.

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I'm pretty much the country's foremost expert on lounging at hotel pools (especially while not a registered guest). As a matter of fact, I'm lounging at one now awaiting my XXX-ORD-MIA flights enjoying complimentary WiFi & coffee.

Most hotels only allow registered guests in the water facilities (insurance reasons). Exceptions include full-scale properties with a day-spa.

As far as I know, there is no pool-only rate.

Here's my IAH expertise:

-Marriott (on airfield, accessible from the Tram) As of July 2015, the entire property, including the outdoor pool is undergoing renovations. I'm sure it will be key card access only. Their nightly rate is a bit steep (I'm sure the day rate is as well).

-Sheraton decent indoor pool and hottub without card key access

-Hampton JFK Blvd small outdoor pool with card key access

-Staybridge very nice outdoor pool with card key access

-Doubletree nice outdoor pool, open access

**if you're top-tier Elite at IHG or Hilton, I've had an extremely high success rate just approaching the front desk, state you're on a lengthy connection and they usually store your bags and issue you a property access key. This is, of course, totally discretionary. Tips (in the form of gifts work).

YMMV

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you call these same properties directly (not the 800#) and ask about a specific day rate for 4 hours, you may find something very attractive. You've then also got a room and a place to clean up and relax as well as the pool.

Barring that, this may work at the FD, especially if accompanied by a picture of a President.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Check out the Springhill Suites. Free shuttle and nice people at the front desk. Bring them some chocolate or something cool and you are at a pool

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.