Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Hotels in Houston

I'm planning my upcoming trip to Houston/Texas City/League City and looking at several hotels in the area.

Given there're more quality options in Houston I'm looking at the following:

CP Houston Suites – Near Sugar Land
CP Houston Galleria
Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria

Which one, in your opinion, is the better one? Given that I'm terribly unfamiliar with the area, is driving to/fro between the 3 towns too much?

Given on my status, I'm leaning at options from SPG/IHG. If there're quality properties at Texas City/League City I would appreciate if you could recommend.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:29 am

If your trip is to League City/Texas City I'd find a hotel in that area that meets your needs. Houston to LC/TC is some distance and during rush hour will probably kill an hour or more.

I usually hit the Hilton Clear Lake - it's a nice business hotel but not near anything (aside from NASA across the street). There's not much in the way of (or much demand) for 4/5 star properties in the area but most hotels are reasonably modern and well kept to expected brand standards.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks; Look very decent indeed. There's not much choice around League City/Texas City and probably will go for the best available.

Any options from SPG/IHG? (I think there's only 1 SPG at Galveston Island.. and reviews online seems to be not too positive...)
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by LuisHK
Thanks; Look very decent indeed. There's not much choice around League City/Texas City and probably will go for the best available.

Any options from SPG/IHG? (I think there's only 1 SPG at Galveston Island.. and reviews online seems to be not too positive...)
Galveston is also a bit of a drive - not so much distance as part of the trip will be a relatively local road (stop lights and such). Galveston has a lot of potential as a tourist destination but it just doesn't live up to what you'd think it could/should be. I'd skip it unless you have time on your hands.

If your business is in League City, Webster, Texas City - I'd just go for proximity. The Hilton is at the top end in the area, but all of the newer hotels should be up to brand standards. Webster/League City is a nice suburban area but there's not really a lot of call for hotels other than motel type places. The hotel scene improves as you get nearer Houston itself but the trade off is travel time - being near I-45 is helpful.

I'm not an SPG guy myself but I expect there will be a Four Points around but I don't recall anything more upmarket.

You might have more luck with IHG - there area a few Candlewood Suites around - but I don't have any experience with them.

There are also Extended Stay's, Hampton Inn's etc...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
The Hilton is a good choice, but if you want to be closer to League City and Texas City, you could try the South Shore Harbour Resort on the opposite side of the Clear Lake from the Hilton. sshr dot com -
It's actually in League City, and closer to Texas City than the Hilton.
They're both very nice properties, though.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've come across a property that is by the I-45:
Holiday Inn Express and Suites hotel Texas City

Anyone had tried this before? I've seen some good reviews but unsure their authenticity....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.