FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Houston
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:47 pm
The_Diamond_Z

Originally Posted by LuisHK
Thanks; Look very decent indeed. There's not much choice around League City/Texas City and probably will go for the best available.

Any options from SPG/IHG? (I think there's only 1 SPG at Galveston Island.. and reviews online seems to be not too positive...)
Galveston is also a bit of a drive - not so much distance as part of the trip will be a relatively local road (stop lights and such). Galveston has a lot of potential as a tourist destination but it just doesn't live up to what you'd think it could/should be. I'd skip it unless you have time on your hands.

If your business is in League City, Webster, Texas City - I'd just go for proximity. The Hilton is at the top end in the area, but all of the newer hotels should be up to brand standards. Webster/League City is a nice suburban area but there's not really a lot of call for hotels other than motel type places. The hotel scene improves as you get nearer Houston itself but the trade off is travel time - being near I-45 is helpful.

I'm not an SPG guy myself but I expect there will be a Four Points around but I don't recall anything more upmarket.

You might have more luck with IHG - there area a few Candlewood Suites around - but I don't have any experience with them.

There are also Extended Stay's, Hampton Inn's etc...